I have had face and neck lift 3 ago and I am still very lumpy under my chin and on my neck which are still very sore and tender?

As I am very happy with my procedure I was advised to wear an elastic head bandage as often as possible especially at night I don't mind this if it is going to help but if not then I would prefer not to as it can be very uncomfortable my neck and under my chin is still very lumpy and sore can you please tell me if this is normal and is there anything I can do to relieve this it feels like a rope around my neck please advise 59 year old woman

Facelift - laser vertical facelift - lumps

+1

As mentioned by the other docks providing you answers,3…. What?  Days? Weeks? Months?  Years??

If it is years, then going back to your surgeon would be the first step.  Treatment options should be described with you.  

Pain three years after a facelift means something is wrong

+1

I think it would be a good idea for you to get a second opinion about the outcome of your facelift. Pain three years after facelift means something is amiss.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,23-atlanta-facelift.htm

Firm lumpy area under chin

+1

A chin strap might have helped initially. Not sure that it will add a lot at this point. What might help is a series of deep steroid injections. Talk it over with a surgeon.

You say that you had the surgery 3 ??? ago?

+1

If it is 3 weeks, very normal to have this. 3 months, it may still be tender and a little irregular. 3 years would be unusual.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift 3 Years Post Op

+1

What you are experiencing is very unusual. At 3 years post op, you should have none of the issues that you described. I would recommend that you take copies of your operative report to another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a 2nd opinion.