Eyelids Feel Bumpy and Tight After Surgery, Will This Change Or Is It Possibly Permanent?

I had eyelid surgery on both my upper and lower lids and co 2 laser under my eyes 14 days a go. I am 48 years old.The upper lid above the incision is lumpy and a few bumps on the incision line. My left lid feels tight when closing on the outside edge of my brow line. I am a little worried that they will stay this way also that the Dr took too much off I don't want hollow eyes.

Eyelids take some time to heal after blepharoplasty

+2

At two weeks, you are still very much in the healing phase. I tell all of my patients that incisions take up to three months to heal completely. Although the skin incision may appear to be healed by two weeks, the scar will continue to remodel, and those "bumps" that you feel will smooth out. The tightness you feel is also expected, as there is likely still some swelling. I do agree, however, that if you have any concerns, your surgeon will want to hear about them, and would be happy to see you.

South Burlington Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Two weeks is too soon to do an evaluation of the long term result.  The bumps are likely suture bumps which will resolve in time, perhaps a few more weeks.  The tightness is part of the healing and the collagen contraction of the laser, and swelling.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

14 days is still very early.  The eyelids are one of the best places on your body for a scar to soften and fade.  Give it several weeks.  The tight sensation aldo goes away. Ask your surgeon when you can start to gently massage the scars and this can help.  I hope this helps.

Bumps and Tightness Are Common at Two Weeks

+1

Many patients experience suture line bumps, lumps and swelling with a feeling of excessive tightness in the first few weeks after surgery.

Allow time for the swelling to go down and early post-op changes to occur.

Keep tabs with your surgeon for reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bumpy and tight eyelids after blepharoplasty and CO2 laser resurfacing

+1

It isn't uncommon for there to be some small bump around the upper eyelid incision line after blepharoplasty. These typically resolve of their own, but should be followed by your surgeon.

It's also fairly common to feel that the lids are tight, especially after resurfacing with a CO2 laser which tightens the skin in addition to removing layers of skin cells. It's important to make sure that your eyelids are able to close completely in the meantime, to prevent corneal injury.

It is hard to say if your eyes will look hollow or if too much skin was removed at this point in your healing. As the swelling subsides and your skin softens you'll get a better idea of things. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon as he or she should be able to give you a better assessment of what to expect going forward.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/blepharoplasty

Bumpy and Tight Eyelids Two Weeks After Surgery

+1

Iamac,

Two weeks is still very early in the postoperative period.  My patietnts often notice bumpiness and tightness after eyelid surgery.  I tell my patients that most of these symptoms will be gone after several months, but that incisions take up to a year to fully heal.

Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recovery after eyelid surgery

+1

The symptoms and changes you are describing are normal for two weeks postoperatively. The healing process takes anywhere from six months to a year to completion. Initially there is a lot of tightness and pulling because of the acute healing and fibrosis; with time the connective tissues fully form and become softer. Bumpiness on the upper lid is most likely due to the sutures and should disappear within the next few months. Excessive tightness of the lower lid may actually be a good sign, since one of the complications of the lower lid surgery is weakening of the eyelid causing eyelid droop. Therefore, it is not uncommon for surgeons to reinforce the lid support to prevent this problem. This too should normalize with time.

Eyes tight 2 weeks after eyelid surgery and CO2 laser resurfacing

+1

It's normal, at 2 weeks, to feel swollen and tight after Eyelid Surgery and lower lid CO2 laser resurfacing.  This should subside over the next several weeks and months.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Too early to worry, still....

+1

too early at this time to worry, but with laser follow up is essential. call your doc and get in to seehim/her tomorrow.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon