Eyes Uneven and Lower Eyelids Stitch Tight Eye Look Chinese After Orbital Fractures Surgery? (photo)

I just recent had surgery ten days ago I would to know if my eyes goin to get better because my doctor told me it just the swelling making your eye look uneven and Chinese like that and I think is BS* and he mess up on the surgery I need another option if I need Additional surgery?

Slanted eyelid after orbital surgery

+1

You just had major surgery to repair your broken orbital bones, and I want to reassure you that it is absolutely normal and expected that you would still have significant swelling at this early stage post surgery.  Swelling itself contributes to the appearance of asymmetric, narrow, and tight-looking lids.  In addition, your surgeon may have included an important step to your surgery that involves placing a snug stitch to provide support to the lower lid while it is in its early healing stages.  This usually creates a temporarily tight and even a slanted appearance of the lids right after surgery, but this can be expected to relax and soften and become more even over the next couple of weeks to months.

It is hard to be patient with healing, but what you are experiencing is normal, and should continue to improve a lot over time.  If you still have concerns at 3 months after surgery, discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Skourtis

DrMSkourtisPlasticSurgery.com

Swelling after orbital fracture surgery

+1

You are definitely still swollen after major eye (socket) surgery.  If there still problem after about 2-3 months after surgery, then see an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Orbital fracture

+1

Orbital fractures can be repaired through many approaches.  Sometimes the lateral canthus is supported to prevent scleral show.  It may take a few months for this to settle down.

Completely agree with Dr. Ball.

+1

The repair of an orbit fracture is a huge surgery that causes really months of swelling.  Each week things improve.  Your surgeon is not a jerk because you are swollen 2 weeks after surgery.  6 months is a very reasonable time frame to reassess how the tissues have healed.  Please remember that the trauma itself takes a toll on how the tissues heal.  Your surgeon is not the reason you had to have this surgery.  It might very well be that you will need to have further reconstructive work once the dust has settled.

Eyes Uneven and Lower Eyelids Stitch Tight Eye Look Chinese After Orbital Fractures Surgery?

+1

It is waaaaay too early at 10 days to know what your eyes will look like when you have fully healed.  Give it 6 months before making a final judgment.

Mark D. Ball, MD