Eyes Are Uneven (Vertical Dystopia) - Can This Be Corrected?

and I've done alot of research and it seems like I have a very mild case of vertical dystopia, where one eye is lined up with the other..... literally placed higher then the other. Seems like only craniofacial surgeon can address this. Is this accurate.... is it correctible? and what do you think the price would be. It's so bad I literally get double vision sometimes. I however have always had good luck with woman however it is apparent issue I have, thanks for your time

+1

Regarding: "Eyes Are Uneven (Vertical Dystopia) - Can This Be Corrected?
and I've done alot of research and it seems like I have a very mild case of vertical dystopia, where one eye is lined up with the other..... literally placed higher then the other. Seems like only craniofacial surgeon can address this. Is this accurate.... is it correctible? and what do you think the price would be. It's so bad I literally get double vision sometimes. I however have always had good luck with woman however it is apparent issue I have, thanks for your time"

The fact that you know the medical terminology demonstrates you already know a fair amount about the condition.

The fact is that NONE of us are either perfect or symmetrical beings. Asymmetry is the rule rather than the exception. This is especially visible with eyes and breasts but extends to limbs (which is why good tailors measure both legs rather than measuring one). The challenge of making asymmetric breast more symmetrical pales in comparison to what it takes to correct asymmetry in location of the eye socket.

The repositionning of the "errant" eye socket requires cutting the scalp and through the mouth and exposing the skull. Using Neurosurgery and Craniofacial surgeons, the skull is cut all the way around the eye socket, removing the bone that is in the way, all the while protecting the brain. The eye socket is then repositioned along with any bone graft shims and held in place with multiple plates and screws.

It is a very extensive procedure which is very costly and Craniofacial surgeons would do it only for really deformed faces.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Orbital vertical dystopia.

+1

This is extremely complex surgery usually performed in combination with multiple specialties such as neurosurgery, opthalmology and plastic surgery or craniofacial or oculoplastic surgery. A thorough evaluation with daignostic imaging is required.