Will my Eyes Look Normal Again After Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty?

I am 41 years old, and had upper and lower eyelids done 11 days ago. I have visible scars at the sides of my eyes under my eyebrow. I feel like I look plastic - My eyelids don't seem to open all the way. When I look up my lids feel very tight and my eyes take a weird shape- Besides, one of my bottom lids seem droop a little. The overall effect makes me look like I am half asleep, or had to much to drink.

Waiting for results after blepharoplasty

+2

All of there are normal concerns after blepharoplasty.  Depending on the patient and their expectations it can take 2-4 weeks for people to be relly happy with results after blepharoplasty.  Be patient and all will improve.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Looking Normal After Eyelid Surgery

+2

After blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery it is normal to have swelling. If you have both the upper eyelids and lower eyelids improved you will find that there is swelling in both areas. The scar lines will appear red and be quite visible. Your vision may be blurred and you may feel like your eyes are tight. All of this is a normal part of the healing process. Complete healing can take many weeks up to 2-3 months. In fact, the scar line can take many months to fully fade.

Since you are less than two weeks from your surgery, keep the faith! In time you will feel and look better. With some patience you will be enjoying your new look soon!

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Blepharoplasty causes swelling...wait to judge result.

+2

At 11 days days post-op, the end result of as blepharoplasty cannot be asessed. Rest up and wait six months before you take a "final" look.

debrairizarry.com

Debra Irizarry, MD
Crestone Plastic Surgeon

+1

Time is your ally. It is much too soon to make a final judgments about your aesthetic outcome.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

In your question you mentioned that you are only two weeks post blepharoplasty surgery.  Most likely it is too early after your surgery to judge your results.  Individuals vary but it can take weeks for further healing.  For now I suggest starting by going back to the surgeon who performed your procedure and discuss your concerns.  Then you can decide how to proceed.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery and eyelid surgery

+1

anytime you undergo upper and lower eyelid surgery you are going to experience fairly significant swelling. Scars will appear more visible. The good news is that these scars heal very well in most cases. Swelling takes time to resolve, sometimes a couple of months. Your doctor may have you perform some specific exercises that will help with the healing process.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

How long for eyes to look normal after blepharoplasty

+1

It can takes several weeks for the majority of the swelling around your eyelids to resolve after blepharoplasty surgery. The scars that you notice on the sides under your eyebrows will also take time to heal. The eyelids can certainly feel tight in some patients after surgery as well.

I would express your concerns with your surgeon. Your surgeon will be able to give you more specific reassurance based on your exam.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

11 days postop after bleph

+1

This sounds like normal postoperative findings following eyelid surgery - there will be quite a bit of swelling and tightness.  This will improve over time - in some over weeks and sometimes even months. 

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery - early postop changes

+1

It sounds like you have some postoperative swelling, which is not uncommon at 11 days out.  This will make the eyes look puffy, thick, and may make the shape a little unusual.  As the swelling goes away (over the next few weeks), that should settle down.  After blepharoplasty, it make look a little "surgical" for the 2-3 months, as things settle in.  After that, usually the results look quite good.  

Speak to your surgeon about your concerns, and make sure there isn't anything abnormal going on.  You may wish to try some eyelid massage techniques, as well.  He/she can instruct you on those.

Good luck with your recovery!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Blepharoplasty recovery.

+1

Don't worry. The swelling will gradually subside and your eyes will look normal. It takes several weeks in some patients.