Under Eyes Hollows

I always had these under eye circles since childhood, but for the last months the right eye looks more sunk than before. It lost great amount of fat on the cheekbone and the skin under eyes is thinning. It makes me very depressed and everybody is asking why I look so tired. No concealer or eye cream helps and I am only 22. I heard about restylane injections, but it is very expensive and I'm afraid it will make it worse with bumps and eye bags. 

Under eye hollows

+2

I understand your concern clearly and am sorry for how it makes you feel.  However, when making your decision you must try to put your emotions on hold ( I know its hard) so that the best decision can be made.  Definitely avoid surgery - this is a last resort.  While I have not evaluated you I also think it can make things worse.  Your best option is filler treatment.  Make sure you see a specialist and do not price shop.  You need an experienced injector.  Think how unhappy you are now -  the best way to cure this is to see an experienced doctor who can provide the best results.

Best

Dr. Massry

Based on your photos and your concerns, you may be a good candidate for an Injectable filler treatment to your lower eyelids.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. You appear to have typical lower eyelid grooves that may be improved by a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

You should consult a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the delicate art of filling lower eyelid hollows as this skin is thin and unforgiving.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Under Eye Video: Fillers under the eye is the least invasive way to fill the lower eye hollows

+1

Fillers under the eye is the least invasive way to fill the lower eye hollows. That is if you want to make a change. If you don't want to take the risk then you will have to accept your current condition. But fillers are a great way to improve this area. One thing that is great about fillers is that it is a temporary solution. Any results that you don't like will go away with time. Also there are enzymes that you can inject to remove unwanted issues like bumps and elevations that you don't fully like.  Your physician that you choose should have all of these answers for you. If not, find someone else that will hold your hand through this whole situation.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Properly done, this is your best option.

+1

Please do not be talked into surgery.  Depressed as you may be, your eyes are beautiful and eyelid surgery will alter the shape of your eyes in the worst possible way.  Please be aware that placing lower eyelid filler into eyelids that are as thin as yours is an art.  It is not a commodity service.  In my experience, the doctors who are great at placing this product and getting a fantastic result charge considerably more that the fee cited by Dr. Mandal, so please be prepared for this.  In New York City, Dr. Michael Kane is an artist at this type of treatment.  It is important to get service locally because these treatments often need adjusting.  There are of course others but you need to work with very experienced injectors.  From the pictures (which are no substitute for an examination) I would probably recommend 1.5 ml under each eye.  The treatment effect may last up to 2 years.

Restylane for under eye hollows

+1

I would try restylane as a good initial option. Restylane in the palm beach area runs between 500 to 625$ per syringe and i would recommend starting with one syringe. Restylane treatments in the tear trough or under eye hollows can be tricky and it is very important for you to see an experienced plastic surgeon who performs restylane to this particular area frequently in order to get a good result without side effects. What's nice about restylane is that it can last much longer when injected properly into the tear trough area(up to a full year or even 1.5 years) than restylane injections to other areas of the face. If one side is deeper than the other, more restylane can be injected into the deeper side to help even out the asymmetry.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon