Under Eyes Hard After Lower Bleph Surgery, Day 8? (photo)

right under my lash line is really hard and puffy, then it is flat, then a lil puffy. Normal on day 8 or 9?

Healing Process Of Eyelid Surgery

+2

Dear Lori,

Thank you for posting your photograph.

It seems like you are doing well with the recovery process.

The photo shows nothing but normal swelling from your surgery. Remember that you are only at a week post-surgery.

Recovery takes time and so a little more of patience is required at this time.

Patients with eyelid surgeries could take up to 8 months for the full results to be established.

I encourage you to keep your surgeon in the loop of your recovery process.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Lower blepharoplasty swelling day 8. Normal?

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like normal swelling for this point in the post operative course.  The body will take its time healing wounds.  They need to go through a maturation phase.  Please let your surgeon know your concerns.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Under Eyes Hard After Lower Bleph Surgery, Day 8?

+1

Posted photo appears to show early stages of healing. So you need to be more patient to allow further healing. 

Eyelid surgery

+1

Process of healing will take at least 6-9 months to complete and at that time, your skin will soften up.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

You look great for only 8 days out.

+1

Your are not going to be perfect 1 week out from surgery.  This looks fantastic.  I would recommend discussing concerns with your surgeon who can actually examine you and advise you based on actual findings.

Healing

+1

It sounds like you are on the right track with your healing process.  You will note small changes almost daily over the next few weeks.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars will settle with time....up to a year after surgery

+1

It sounds like scarring, which is normal after surgery. Massage will improve and soften it over time. Discuss this with your surgeon before trying it. Let him/her guide your postoperative care.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon