Possible to Make my Eyes Bigger, Give Shape and Symmetry?

I have small eyes along with uneven eye shape and was thinking if there are any surgical procedures which will correct this problem i.e make eyes bigger, give it shape and symmetry. I also wear glasses but despite wearing them and having the correct eyeglass prescription numbers I often find myself squinting which makes my already small eyes appear smaller. Thanks in advance!

How to improve eyelid asymmetry

+2

It is common to see a difference between the shape and position of the eyes, eyelids, and eyebrows when you look in the mirror.  In fact, most people have some asymmetry, even if it's minor.

A difference in the exposed eyelid "shelf" is often related to the difference in eyebrow position.  A lower eyebrow will cause more "heaviness" and folding skin over the eyelid.  These differences are normal, but can be adjusted with expertly placed botulinum toxin (Botox or Dysport) or with a surgical brow lift.

Botulinum toxin can also be used to "open" the eyes by injecting small amounts along the lower eyelids to weaken the orbicularis muscle.  The right amount can widen the eyelid opening without causing sagging of the lower eyelids.  Again, you should seek treatment from someone who has experience with this technique. Often, the only way to judge experience is to ask how many treatments they have done and to ask for photographic examples. 

Good luck!

Rochester Oculoplastic Surgeon