What Kind of Procedures Could Help Me For Asymmetry of the Eyes?

I just found a post about eyes assymetry here... it was a relief to see that isnt just me with this kind of problem... it has been one of my worst traumas since my childhood. In my case, exist any kind of procedures that could help me? At least to reduce the difference (assymmetry)? And if so, what would be an approx. price for such procedure? Thank you for your attention.

Improving asymmetry of eyes

+1

Asymmetry of the eyelids is best treated with asymmetrical surgery.  This is accomplished by removing more fat from the puffier eyelid or deepening the crease when needed.  Occasionally different amounts of skin are removed from the eyelids, depending upon how hooded each eyelid is.  The orbital structure of the eyelid cannot be changed since that is all bone.  

The left eye looks set further back than the right eye.

+1

There are a number of possible causes for this.  If you had a history of trauma to the left eye (black eye in the past) you might have sustained an undiagnosed left orbit fracture accounting for the difference.  What should you do about this difference.  Well somethings are not easily fixed.  I am not sure I would recommend orbit surgery for such a small difference considering orbit surgery can cause blindness.  How about eyelid surgery?  I think currently the difference in the size of the two eyes is pretty well hidden behind your heavy upper eyelids.  Eyelid surgery might expose this difference more.  I would be very careful about this.  There is no substitute for a personal consultation.  Consider seeing a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons maintains a website (asoprs.org) with a geographic directory to help you find a well qualified surgeon.

Eye Asymmetry Often Caused By Lid And Brow Differences

+1

While everyone has some degree of facial and eye asymmetry, very noticeable differences between the eyes may be able to be improved if the underlying cause is identified or understood. The first question is whether the eye differences are bony-based (uncommon) or are exclusively that of soft tissue origin. (brow position, amount of eyelid skin and fat) That cannot be determined from one picture alone from just one angle. It would require a series of eye photos from different angles and in the open and closed position or a more dynamic assessment like an actual in-office consultation. It is likely that the eye asymmetry is due to soft tissue origin and can be addressed by standard procedures such as blepharoplasty and/or browlift techniques. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Eyelid surgery

+1
What specific complaints do you have about your eyes? Is it just the asymmetry? Of course, a thorough evaluation in the office is necessary to fully assess your eyelids and determine what, if any, treatment is appropriate. You might be a candidate for a lower blepharoplasty, or 4-lid blepharoplasty, or even NO treatment at all, depending on the exam findings in person. It is true that most people are somewhat asymmetric in their faces and bodies, so perfect symmetry is not realistic.
If you would like an in-person consultation, feel free to contact my office.
Good luck!

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tailored approach to eyelid surgery

+1

Everyone has some degree of asymmetry between their two eyes and each side of their face. The key to a good outcome is to understand anatomically why this is occurring and then tailor the surgery to achieve the desired result. Your surgeon must understand the nuances of the orbit, facial bones, and the soft tissues and how they relate to your individual issues such that surgery can be appropriately be completed.

Scott M. Goldstein, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon