Why Have my Eyes Aged Years After Rhinoplasty?

Did something get altered that is now restricting blood flow? I have deep hallows that were not there before. People keep asking me if I'm working too much or tired.Heavy makeup makes it worse like I have blueish-grey blotches under my eyes. . Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Aging Eyes after Rhinoplasty

+1

Be thankful you're aging - the alternative is not good. This has nothing to do with your previous rhinoplasty surgery. Blepharoplasty surgery, possibly with augmentation of the lower eyelid ridge will improve your appearance.

Eyes aging

+1

The eyes always age as we get older.  Without evaluating you it would be difficult to tell what is wrong. Sometimes it is lax skin, herniated orbital fat, and thin skin that causes the aging appearance.

Eyes Have Aged Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Your eyes have aged years after your rhinoplasty because it has been "years after" your rhinoplasty.  It has nothing to do with your surgery, but would have happened over the years anyway.  The loss of volume with aging is correctable with fillers.  To correct only lower eyelid hollows I would use Restylane, if you wish to replace lost volume in other places on your aging face then I would use Sculptra.

It is very important to choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Aging Eyes in a Person with a Pulse are the best alternative

+1

Philosophically speaking, degeneration and aging begin shortly after birth and assume increasing speed in our late teens ending in an absent pulse and the ultimate act of aging. So - as long as you are aging - you are doing great.

As we age, we lose fat in our face, the facial bones reabsorb accentuating a tablecloth-bigger-than-the-table appearance. In addition, the cheek mass descends and uncovers the lower rim of the eye socket creating the Tear Trough Deformity that you refer to as the "deep hallows that were not there before". This can be fixed either by a mid-Face Lift and lifting and re suspending the cheek complex higher OR by filling the hollow / depression / Tear Trough with Restylane, a hyaluronic Acid filler. The procedure is simple but should be best done by a doctor familiar with facial anatomy.

Good Luck.