Demonstration of an Eyelift

can a doctor please provide a diagram or video showing how they do the eyelifting procedure, including where they make the incision?

Incisions of an eyelift

+2

There is a trend toward more natural appearing plastic surgery, not the wrinkle free look. Eyelid surgery more often than not involves minimal repositioning of the upper and lower eyelid fat, with removal of excess skin. Muscle is often preserved completely, or redraped. Minimally invasive cheeklifts now come into play which can preserve the eye shape.

Due to the many different eye shapes, surgical goals, ages of the patient, medical status of the eye, vector of the cheekbone area, etc. there is not one procedure that fits all. In fact, your prospective surgeon should be fammiliar with many different procedures to offer their patients.

Resource for blepharoplasty (eye lift) demonstration

+1

Demonstration for the blepharoplasty procedure can be found on our website http://seattlefacial.com/procedures/blepharoplasty.html. There is a video located on the website which shows how the procedure is done. An alternative video is eyeimaginations.com, and they have video presentations about cosmetic eyelid surgery as well.

Your Upper Blepharoplasty scar is inconspicuous, and hidden in your upper eyelid crease.

+1

When performed properly, your upper blepharoplasty scar should be invisible with your eyes open. With your eyes closed, a mature blepharoplasty scar is a thin white line that is barely visible.

I do not have a video of my technique to share with you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Technique for eyelid surgery

+1

There are a number of good web sites that have animated representations of eyelid surgery. I would try www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com, or www.plasticsurgery.org for a good starting point on the standard procedures.  Most plastic surgeons will have educational videos in their office which you can also watch.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty in Los Angeles

+1

Hi,

There are different techniques for blepharoplasty.

In Los Angeles, the trend in blepharoplasty has become very conservative with natural results. The current most popular upper eyelid blepharoplasty technique is removal of upper lid skin, leaving muscle and most fat intact. This procedure can be carried out in the office under local anesthesia only. The below referenced web site shows the usual incisions for upper blepharoplasty which are usually hidden within the upper eyelid crease.

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty has become even more conservative, and many patients are treated non-surgically with Restylane injection to fill the lower eye lid hollows.

Enjoy the two web references below for the diagrams of the procedure.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Eye Lift

+1

You should see a plastic surgeon as different eye lift incisions are used for different problems. Sometimes, we do not do an incision on the lowers.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD