Blepharoplasty Revision to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles?

I had an upper and lower eyelids surgery 24 months ago. I really like it cause I don't have the fat underneath and the tired look. However, underneath my eyes, I have gained more wrinkles. I want to know if a second surgery on my lower will help to tighten and get rid of these wrinkles. I am 49.

Lower Eyelid Wrinkles After Blepharoplasty Best Treated With Laser

+3

Lower Eyelid Wrinkles are caused by repeated contraction of the Eyelid Muscle during Eyelid closure, smiling and other facial expression. The repeated bunching of the muscles produces wrinkles in the Eyelid Skin.

A repeat Blepharopasty will not remove Eyelid wrinkles because the muscle continues to wrinkle the skin.

Botox can reduce muscle contraction in the "Ctow's Feet" area but not the entire lower eyelid.

Combined Laser Resurfacing is the best option to rejuvenate Eyelid Skin and reduce wrinkles. However you must see an expert in Eyelid Surgery. The eyelid must have adequate support and not be loose. If resurfacing is done to a loose eyelid the eyelid can be pulled down, a very serious complication

Wrinkles on lower lids

+1
There are two ways to deal with the wrinkles on your lower lids. If there is too much skin, the skin can be tightened, but caution must be used to avoid having your lid sag down.  The other way is by peeling the skin, either with laser or a chemical peel.  Check with your surgeon which method he or she prefers.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Revision lower blepharoplasty for increased wrinkles

+1

The primary goal of lower eyelid surgery is to remove the fat bags. The secondary goal is to remove excess wrinkles, which is done through a small pinch technique on the lower lids. The amount of excess skin is measured at rest and not animation. Any wrinkles that are present that cannot be pinched from the lower lids can also be addressed with a fractionated laser treatment.

If you have more wrinkles after blepharoplasty, laser treatments are best to tighten the skin

+1

If you have more wrinkles after blepharoplasty, laser treatments are best to tighten the skin, like fractionated co2 laser.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower lid redo

+1

You may need a revision of the lower lids to improve the wrinkling, but I could not tell without an exam. Also remember, that when you smile the skin will wrinkle.

Blepharoplasty revision

+1

Wrinkles in the lower eyelid may be treated a number of different ways, with Botox, acid peels, laser resurfacing, or blepharoplasty. All of these have different advantages and disadvantages, recovery, outcomes and complications. You should have a thorough discussion with your plastic surgeon to discuss these options prior to undergoing another surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Wrinkles in lower lids

+1

It is not uncommon for the skin to relax after a while in lower lid surgery.  The resultant wrinkles can be managed with a very light, and very conservative, CO2 laser resurfacing.  You will be susceptible to lagging of the lid so make sure you choose someone who knows what he/she is doing and that that person is aware you have had previous eyelid surgery.

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Wrinkles after lower blepharoplasty

+1

You really have an excellent result from the blepharoplasty. The eyelid is short and the cheek takes off high. The wrinkles appear to be from muscle contraction (natural with a smile) or may be partly loose skin. I would try Botox first. If that doesn’t smooth the area, you may try a peel or laser. I would not recommend a second surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Buff adn Puff for Under Eyelid Wrinkles Following Blepharoplasty

+1

In some cases following Blepharoplasty we have found that the skin left behind is sometimes in need of a little buff and puff. Buffing being a laser resurfacing and we use a Sciton tunable laser for this process.  This combined with Restylane or other Filler often fills some of the static lines and can enhance the appearance.  It is often not that you need more skin removed as in another Blepharoplasty but that the skin that is left needs a little brightening and tightening.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty revision to get rid of under eye wrinkles

+1

I recommend to try botox first to see if the orbicularis  muscle can be in a resting state. If yes than how do you look. If happy than just use the Botox 3 to 4 times a year. If not happy than consider a secondary lower lid operation.