I'm Asian But Do Not Want To Change My Eye Shape- Can Eyelids Surgery Help My Sagging Lids? (photo)

My upper eyelids have gotten very droopy, right eye is worse than left. They've always had 2 creases (not just 1, unusual for Asians!). My lower eye sockets look horrible from insomnia. I want to restore my eyes to youthful look WITHOUT changing the shape. I DON'T want to have Western eyes. I am 50 yrs. old, What can I do for my eye? Can someone please recommend an expert in Orange County, CA area? Many thanks.

Asian eye blepharoplasty without westernization for upper and lower eyelid extra skin and bags

+1

Asian eye blepharoplasty without westernization for upper and lower eyelid extra skin and bags. You can have your doctor remove extra skin and tissue from the upper and lower eyelids. This is the traditional approach. This can be effective in removing extra tissue. The other option is adding tissue in the lower eyelid and in the upper eyelid area to lift. This is a new idea. You can see in the video how double eyelid surgery works. The difference is that you won't need to go as deep and attach the levator muscle to your skin. It would just entail the same incision but removal of only skin and muscle.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty without changing eye shape

+1

An Asian patient can certainly undergo a blepharoplasty without westernizing the eye shape.  The goal for lower eyelid surgery is to remove the puffiness and bags that make the eyelids look tired.  This incision is called a transconjunctival approach and is made from the inside of the eyelid.  Any excess skin on the lower lids is removed through a small incision at the lower lid lash line whereby a small amount of skin, usually approximately 1/8 of an inch, can be removed to tighten up the lower lid skin.  Upper eyelid surgery is performed through the natural crease or a crease can be created in the Asian upper eyelid fold.  Excess skin and fat is also removed from the upper eyelid.

Upper eyelid surgery

+1

Yes, the upper lid excess skin can be removed and the crease kept small. A browlift would be the ideal combination with your eyelid surgery, but in many cases patients are satisfied to have the upper eyelid surgery alone.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Maintaining your upper eyelid fold is critical.

+1

To get the most natural result, you may benefit from a forehead lift with a small upper Asian blepharoplasty.  Trying to get everything done in the eyelid may cause you to loose some of the Asian character of the upper eyelid.  This is not ideal.  Retaining the ethnic character of the face is very important.

Natural looking asian eyelid surgery

+1

Hi JV179,  the best place to start in your are would be with William Chen who has an office in Orange.  These days very few Asians are asking for a look like that.   I think Dr. Chen's experience will impress you.  Rejuvenation of your eyes while maintaining the shape of your eyes is a very practical request.  

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Blepharoplasty

+1

Your desire to maintain your ethnicity and not look Westernized is a common request amongst Asian patients.  You would benefit from having a blepharoplasty to rejuvenate your eyes.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve your goals while maintaining a natural, balanced appearance.

Kimberly Lee, MD