Can my Eyelids Be Made the Same After Double Eyelid Surgery?

hello, my name is Mina. I had double eyelid surgery done in Korea (Partial incision method) and about 6 months after the surgery my left eyelid has changed. there seems to be a triple eyelid. Before the surgery my left eye would sometime have a double eyelid and sometime not, this always bothered me. I thought having this surgery would fix this. Can anything be done to make them look the same? Thankyou for your help Mina

Asymmetry after Asian eyelid surgery

+1

first off don't let any of us tell you that a poor job or a bad surgery was performed because we really don't know because we didn't perform it and we can't examine you in person.the aftermath or healing process after surgery like yours can be difficult and emotional at times.

That being said you will likely need a full incision technique revision. One other thing that the surgeon needs to look for is

1. Is there asymmetry in skin thickness between the two sides

2. Is there a difference in fat content between the two sides

3. Was there a pre-existing crease before that could have been utilized ( reference your preoperative photos) or did their need to be a complete incision technique used initially and a new crease created in its entirety.

Don't consult a "good plastic surgeon", but go see an experienced Asian eyelid surgeon. The popularity of facial plastic surgery in Korea has grown so rapidly and the reputation of Korean surgeons become so good that inexperienced Korean surgeons in Korea are actively marketing and trying to tap into what appears to be a growing global market. That being said I have seen revisions from Korea that I had to repair over the last 18 to 24 months whereas I saw very few prior to this. In the past all my overseas revisions came from China and Vietnam. Seek an experienced Asian eyelid surgery or double eyelid surgery specialist. Get more than a few consults in person.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Asian eyelid surgery and double eyelid surgery specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eye lid

+1

Very poor results. You need to find a good PLASTIC SURGEON and need a complete redo of the surgery. This time open technique

Pre existing eye lid fold

+1

It is possible. The eye lid skin needs to be completely released and a new crease  to be formed by readjusting the supra tarsal fixation. It appears that the incision was not made on the preexisting fold .Please consult an experienced surgeon.

Zain Kadri, MD