Will Eyelid Tape Help Improve Low Crease Line on One of My Eyes After Asymmetrical Upper Bleph?

Hello. I received a conservative upper bleph 5 wks ago. Once the tape was removed & the sutures were taken out it was obvious that the crease line on my left eye was lower than the crease on my right. The surgeon seemed to follow a perfect orbit suture line on the right eye. The left appears to be lower than the natural crease. This has left about 1-2mm less skin showing on the left eyelid than the right eyelid. Can eyelid tape help to perfect the crease so it matches the eyelid on the right?

Crease Assymmetry After Eyelid Surgery

+2

The crease position after upper eyelid surgery should correspond with the incision. There may be some differences related to swelling. It is unlikely that tape will make much of a difference. Communicate with your eyelid surgeon regarding this asymmetry before doing anything on your own.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

No, tape will have no effect on this.

+2

You did not supply a photograph.  Generally, a low crease can be raise.  A high crease, generally, can never be lowered.  I suggest you allow yourself to heal and if the issue persists, discuss surgical revision with your surgeon.  Just be aware that sometimes a surgeon who creates an issue may or may not be comfortable fixing that same issue.

Uneven Eyelid Incisions

+1

Thank you for the question.  A picture would be helpful.  The surgical incision is not influenced by tape.  The incisions will heal and hopefully become less apparent so their differences will be less apparent.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS