Eyelid Surgery?

I have uneven lower lids and would like to know what procedure would be best suited for me.

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Well, maybe there are many options that could improve your current condition.  It would be wise to consult a Cosmetic Surgeon who performs a ton of eyelid surgery.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photos will help

+1

It is difficult for us to be able to give you a good recommendation without a photo showing the "uneven lower lids". There are many different conditions that can lead to this.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneveness of lower eyelid position

+1

It is not uncommon to have facial features that are uneven or asymmetrical. Sometimes this can be mild and "within normal limits" and sometimes it is can be more noticeable. The causes of more noticeable asymmetry can vary. A board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon (in this case of eyelid asymmetry) could help with the diagnosis and develop a possible treatment plan. Often times a procedure called a canthopexy will help but it could also be more involved if it involves surrounding facial features as well.

Eyelids uneven, or a symptom of a larger issue?

+1

Often times when someone has facial asymmetry, there can be an underlying cause. Is your nose straight? Are your cheek bones symmetric in size?  Are your eyebrows even? Are both sides of your jaw equivalent?  Does your chin "point" either left or right very slightly? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you might have something called "hemifacial microsomia".  See a board certified surgeon for a good examination and discussion.  Then, when confident you understand the whole story, you'll be better able to judge if surgery might help you.   

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Procedures for lower eyelids?

+1

Your best bet is to start with an evaluation by a board-certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon.  Lower eyelid aesthetic problems can have multiple different causes and the best procedure is not always surgery. Depending upon the specific problem, this may actually be an insurance based issue. 

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven lower eyelids

+1

It is impossible to tell without examination or at least a photo.  There are various things that can cause uneven appearance of lower eyelids, including asymmetries with skin, fat, veins, lower eyelid position, eye position, etc.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery for uneven lower lids

+1

Without photos we cannot know just what you mean by uneven lower lids. Could it be fatty bags, skin laxity, lid position, or the level of the corner of the eye? There are procedures which can address every issue. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to a consultation.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/eyelid-surgery

+1

Uneven in what way?  More fat bags, extra skin, lower eyelid margin or something else.  As you can see, the answer depends on what issue(s) may exist which must be determined in person or through photos of your eyes.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Eyelid Surgery?

+1

Since this is a surgery done for "looks" it would require an examination to answer your question, or at the very least good medical quality photographs.

Uneven lower eyelids

+1

Impossible to give you a response without a photo.  Please post a photo that clearly illustrates the asymmetry.  Thanks.

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.