Eyelid Surgery

4 months ago I had eyelid surgery upper & lower fat transfer. Sufficient skin was removed from one eye lid, but the skin above the other eye still droops. The doctor agreed to remove the extra skin. But I am worried about the procedure. Will I need anaesthesia? Is there risk that too much skin may be removed causing the lid to not close completely and worsening my dry eye condition. If I decide not to have surgery, will the lid droop more over time? I will be very grateful for your advice

Revision of upper lid plepharoplasty

+1

revisions of the upper lids are commonly simple and frequently done under simple local anesthesia.  I have done that procedure on many occaisions under local anesthesia.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Yes, you will likely need some sort of anesthetic for a surgical revision. There will also be the risk of worsening dry eye with the procedure. If you deiced not to have the surgery you run the risk of the eye lid drooping more overtime.

Scott Loessin, MD

Eyelid skin excess

+1

The "extra" skin could be truly extra or it can relative excess secondary to lower eyebrow position on that side, among other factors.  If there is truly extra skin, surgery should be safe if done conservatively and correctly.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision Upper Eyelid Surgery 4 Months Post-op

+1

Since it is only excess upper eyelid skin that needs to be removed, this can usually be done fairly easily in the office using a local anesthetic only. As long as the surgeon is cautious, the risk of removing too much skin is very small. Given that the other eye looks good, it is very likely that your surgeon will be able to get this eye to look good as well. You have gotten this far. It sure sounds like it makes sense to finish the process. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision blepharoplasty surgery

+1

your surgeon should be able to remove the excess skin under local anesthesia or local anesthesia with intravenous sedation depending on your preference.  If the excess skin is left it will likely get worse over time (probably years).  It is possible for too much skin to be removed, but if you are seeing a qualified board certified plastic surgeon, this should be unlikely.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon