One of my eyes is more open than the other which makes my eyebrows look uneven. Do I Need Eyelid Surgery? (Photo)
Doctor Answers (7)
Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.
Eyelid surgery candidate
The primary goal of lower eyelid blepharoplasty is to remove the excess fatty bags inside the lower lids creating the puffiness look and sometimes a small amount of skin through a pinch technique.
Ptosis can only be evaluated from a frontal view looking straight into the lens of the camera.
Asymmetrical eyebrows with one being lower than the other will create asymmetry of the eyelids.
For many examples more information, please see link below
Fix uneven eyebrows
- There is a muscle that opens the upper lid called the levator palpebrae.
- Your photo shows that the left levator palpebrae has probably stretched or detached from the eyelid cartilage,
- There are many causes - from contacts and injury to medicines and inheritance.
- The result is a droopy lid and a higher brow - the brow is trying to open your eye.
- See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Oculoplastic Surgeon to asses the cause and the best surgical correction for you. Best wishes.