One of my eyes is more open than the other which makes my eyebrows look uneven. Do I Need Eyelid Surgery? (Photo)

How can I fix this?

Fix uneven eyebrows

• There is a muscle that opens the upper lid called the levator palpebrae.
  • Your photo shows that the left levator palpebrae has probably stretched or detached from the eyelid cartilage,
  • There are many causes - from contacts and injury to medicines and inheritance. 
  • The result is a droopy lid and a higher brow - the brow is trying to open your eye.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Oculoplastic Surgeon to asses the cause and the best surgical correction for you. Best wishes.

Left eyelid ptosis

You have ptosis (drooping) of your left upper eyelid. Your left eyebrow is higher to compensate for it. There are many causes of ptosis. It can be something you have had since birth, or you may have developed a medical condition more recently that has caused the ptosis. Be sure that your doctor excludes other causes of ptosis that may need treatment. Otherwise, the eyelid itself can be treated with ptosis correction surgery.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Brow higher on eyelid ptosis side

You have left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy) which causes the brow on that side to work harder to lift the eyelid, which means the brow is higher. Ptosis surgery is the likely solution. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is not a very helpful photograph for deciding if you might benefit from eyelid surgery.

Your photo really needs to show you looking straight ahead.  You probably have left upper eyelid ptosis with a less well defined crease.  A very precise anchor blepharoplasty with a component of ptosis surgery is needed to address this issue.  If that is the case, then yes, eyelid surgery is what you need.

Eyelid surgery candidate

The primary goal of upper eyelid blepharoplasty is to remove excess skin and a small amount of fat.
The primary goal of lower eyelid blepharoplasty is to remove the excess fatty bags inside the lower lids creating the puffiness look and sometimes a small amount of skin through a pinch technique.
Ptosis can only be evaluated from a frontal view looking straight into the lens of the camera.
Asymmetrical eyebrows with one being lower than the other will create asymmetry of the eyelids.
For many examples more information, please see link below

Eyelid surgery

Without a complete examination, it's very difficult to advise you. The eyelid is dynamic, and a thorough exam specifically looking at the range of motion of the lid as compared to the opposite side would be required. Based on the photo, it appears that you have some droopiness on the left vs. the right. This may require surgical correction, I suggest you consult either a plastic surgeon / ophthalmologist experienced in treatment of ptosis of the eyelid. Good luck.

Wilfred Brown, MD

Ptosis

Picture is really nearly impossible to read well.  You may have ptosis on the left side,  This can be corrected with surgery.  You are best served by seeing a plastoc surgeon or ophthalmologist about your condition.  A careful exam will give the diagnosis and best course of action.  My Best,  Dr C