What can I do about my eyelids? (photo)

I don't know why my eyelids are like this. I was born like this. No one in my family has eyelids similar to mine. I would like to get surgery but don't know where to start? What doctor would I go to?

Volumizing Fillers Might Improve The Appearance Of Congenital Eyelid Ptosis

+1
As my colleagues have already pointed out, bilateral congenital eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelids), seems to be the case here, and ptosis surgery may indeed be the definitive answer.

For consideration, I offer one possible, nonsurgical approach that may be helpful, both for improving overall appearance and for imparting a lift to the upper lids--the injection of a volumizing filler, such as Perlane L along the upper brow in line with the lower border of the orbital rim. Such an approach might serve both to diminish the elongated appearance of the upper eyelids as well as to provide a lift to the upper eyelids secondary to the volumization treatment of the brow.  

This approach would take only minutes to perform and its benefits readily assessed immediately following treatment. 

Congenital eyelid ptosis

+1
You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelid) with resultant eyebrow elevation to help lift the eyelid. You may benefit from ptosis surgery. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital Upper Lid Ptosis

+1
Treatment for congenital upper lid ptosis is a subspecialty of eyelid surgery, and you should ask your MD to refer you to someone in your area.  Both Ophthalmologists and Plastic Surgeons do work in this area, but you should be referred specifically to someone who specializes in congental ptosis.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

You have congenital upper eyelid ptosis.

+1
Surgery is available for this.  It may or may not be covered by your health insurance.  Consult with a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  Even for Canada, the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASOPRS) maintains on their website a geographic directory than can help you identify a highly qualified oculoplastic surgeon close to home.

Upper eyelid surgery

+1
You have something called congenital eyelid ptosis. You can have this repaired. You can see either a Plastic Surgeon or an Ophthalmologist. Irrespective of the speciality please make sure they have experience in this highly specific area. Your Family MD should be able to help you.

Michael Weinberg, MD