When my face is relaxed my eyelids become very droopy and heavy to the point where it's sometimes hard to see clear. (photo)

Should I Get Eyelid Surgery?

Should I Get Eyelid Surgery?

You do not appear to have eyelid ptosis from the photos.  If your redundant eyelid skin is what bothers you that can be remedied in a short outpatient procedure.  In addition, if you are compensating with your brows that needs to be examined as well.  Finally, it also needs to be determined if appearance of the periorbital region changes throughout the day.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Should I Get Eyelid Surgery?

Best to have in person evaluations for upper lid blepharoplasty. So you fully understand the risk/benifit ratios. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Droopy eyelids

It is difficult to tell from the photo presented  whether not  you have true dermatochalasis creating visual loss.  A cosmetic blepharoplasty would certainly clean up excess skin and fat on the upper lids if he so desired. From the photo presented does not appear that the amount of excess skin is creating a visual loss. Any visual loss should be addressed by an ophthalmologist.Please see our photo gallery for examples similar to your own to get an understanding of what can be accomplished with cosmetic blepharoplasty

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Need for Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)

Thanks for your photo.  You do appear to have some excess skin of your upper eyelids.  A skin only blepharoplasty may be in order.  Visit with BC PS, FPS of OPS for an exam and recommendations.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Droopy eyelids

Based on the single photo you sent, it doesnt look like your eyelids are drooping enough to obstruct your vision. That being said, you may be pulling your brows up without thinking about it and you are not looking straight ahead in the photo. See an oculoplastic surgeon for a full evaluation.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

873 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02482

Deciding to get eyelid surgery

Surgery in this circumstance is elective - solely the patient's (your) choice. It is difficult to tell from the picture provided but you seem young. However, if you feel as if you are having trouble seeing, then it is reasonable to have this further evaluated. I recommend that you see an ASOPRS oculofacial plastic surgeon. These surgeons are specifically and formally trained in eyelid and eye socket surgery. Droopy eyelids may cause astigmatism, which may make your vision blurry. Also droopy eyelids may also cause blockage of your field of vision. An ASOPRS surgeon will be able to completely evaluate this problem for you. 

Carrie L. Morris, MD
Grapevine Oculoplastic Surgeon

75 Main St
Colleyville, TX 75019