2.5 Month Post Blepharoplasty, and Lower Eyelids Seem Rounder and a Bit Loose?

I am now 2.5 months post blehrplasty, it's been a slow healing process but I am concerned about the fact that my lover eyelids seem to be rounder and also a bit loose, my surgeon said that there is nothing to worry about and that it will all right itself within 6 months. She came highly recommended and I have seen her lower eyelift on a friend which is perfect. but I do seem to have a wider rim to my lover eyelid. is this normal

+1

Without photos, of your eyes it's impossible to evaluate the degree of lower eyelid rounding or malposition.  You might want to ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Eyelid Surgery for recommendations or referral to an oculoplastic surgeon for treatment if required.  

Not unusual

+1

Having a bit of rounding of the lower eyelids after blepharoplasty where skin was removed is not unusual. Sometimes a tightening of the lid may be required. However, I would wait the 6 months that your surgeon is recommending. Scarring can soften for up to 1 year after surgery and the rounding may continue to improve.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Loose lower eyelid after 2.5 months

+1

The lower eyelid blepharoplasty is notorious for resulting in ectropion (turning out of the lid) or lid retraction (pulling down of the lid) or both.  This is very technique and surgeon dependent.  That being said, some techniques can cause this to happen initially, but in some people the affect will regress with scar maturation and religious upward massaging of the skin.  I would talk with your surgeon about what you should be doing at home to lessen the problem and give it at least 6 months before considering any revisional surgery. 

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon