How Much Will my Eyelid Surgery Swelling Go Down?

I had eyelid surgery 4 days ago and the swelling is huge. the stitches seem so far up and its really concerning me. About how long does it take for it to go down? when i open my eyes it doesn't fit my face at all. Is it possible to re do the incision closer to the eyes?

Swelling 4 days after upper eyelid surgery

+2

Swelling after surgery on the upper lids is normal. My treatment protocol is to use ice packs the first 72 hours and then switch to a heating pad. Using heat several times a day will mobilize the old blood products and help reduce swelling. I inform my Asian eyelid patients that most of the bruising and swelling is gone after 7-10 days, but there can be residual swelling for up to 2 months (especially in patients with thick skin). It is premature to consider any type of revision at this time.

Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery

+1

The photos that you submit show swelling which does not appear out of the norm for 4 days postop.  As the selling subsides over the next few months, the lid creases will likely appear to move down closer to the eyelid margins.  Although I do not have a crystal ball, I think it is likely you will be happy with the final results once the swelling resolves.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery: Early on the crease is much higher than will be the final result

+1

Asian Eyelid Surgery: Early on the crease is much higher than will be the final result. The eyelid crease always looks much higher early on after Asian Double Eyelid Crease Formation. The swelling tends to take up the space of the skin that would normally fold over the crease. You don't want to do anything at this early point in time. Your doctor will know best.  The earliest that any Asian Eyelid Surgeon Specialist would do something would be at 2 weeks’ time. Don't worry this will settle.  You always have the option of making the crease lower if you desired or higher if you desired. There are many options. You can always write me or we can do a video consult if you would like me to take a closer look

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling is Normal

+1

The swelling that you are experiencing following your blepharoplasty is normal. I advise my patients that after surgery they will most likely experience some noticeable swelling that will subside within two to six weeks. Patients should know some minor swelling can remain for as long as six months, and their lid contours may continue to change. Final results may not be seen until the six month mark. There are several exercises that you can do to assist with healing as well. You may also want to massage the lids. I suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Clevens

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/photogallery/blepharoplasty

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon