Options For Eyelid Surgery Revision To Lower Crease?

I want to lower my crease because it's too high for my personal liking and my eyes are too hooded, but I've been warned that if I do, then the scar will become really bad. I've only had the procedure done once and the scar isn't noticable. Is scarring a major issue to worry about in a revision? What should I opt for if I want my eyes to be less hooded? Will my fold have to be bigger?

Please post a photo

+1

Changing the eyelid crease can be challenging but is possible, depending the amount of excess skin and/or droopiness of the eyelids [ptosis]

Please post a photo.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision eyelid surgery

+1
Eyelid beauty depends on many anatomic factors.  Youthful eyelid has a somewhat low crease, which appears higher as we age.  Your request to lower this crease could be reasonable.  A set of photos would be needed to determine if your request is reasonable.  Revision eyelid surgery requires skills, good judgment and experience.  Make sure your surgeon has the necessary skills to perform this surgery.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

That may or may not be the case.  If there's excess upper eyelid skin, the crease and incision should be able to be lowered.  Be sure that your eyelid surgeon understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Revision of eyelid incision

+1

Without a photo it is difficult to say if this is possible, and even with a photos an exam is essential. It is possible to loewr the fold but can be difficult.

Options For Eyelid Surgery Revision To Lower Crease

+1

Unfortunately, without a photo, it is difficult to give you a good answer.  In reality, even with a photo, a personal examination is much more accurate.  If possible, try to see an Oculoplastic surgeon to decide if you are a good candidate for this procedure or not.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

These are very difficult to offer any meaningful information for without a photograph.

+1

Lowering a crease is very difficult.  The most promising situation for this is when there is upper eyelid ptosis present.  Correcting the ptosis generally makes the platform look shorter which generally accomplishes the task of lowering the crease.  If you are hooded this generally hides the crease so it is difficult to understand why you are concerned about both the crease height and the hooding.  Again, consider reposting with a photograph.