Can Eyelid Surgery Help Me? I Have Asymmetry and a Lazy Eye (photo)

I have asymmetric eyes, my upper lid of my left eye is lazy and also the lower lid is somehow more below than the right one.and I guess its genetic because my dad and my aunts have the same problem.I wonder if eyelid surgery will help them look symmetric.

Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

It appears that you have a small amount of droop (ptosis) of your left upper eyelid.  Your left eyebrow is slightly elevated as you body automatically compensates for the drooping upper eyelid.  Upper eyelid droop can be the result of a weak upper eyelid muscle or a stretched-out attachment point of the muscle to the eyelid.  Surgery can help by tightening or reattaching the muscle. Your lower eyelids are positioned low such that more of the white part of the eyeball is visible below the iris than usual.  This can be improved by tightening and lifting the lower eyelids.

There are many intricacies to the diagnosis and treatment of eyelid asymmetries.  Consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist who specializes in eyelid surgery will be necessary to explore the best options for you.

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

You bony facial asymmetry and likely mild left upper lid ptosis.  Ptosis surgery can help.  There are also nonsurgical methods.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon