Best Eyelid Surgeon in California?

I want a doctor who's done eyelid surgery for years with experience in California. I am young so I don't want anything major or drastic. Any bad or good experiences, let me know names and places. Thank you so much!

Eyelid surgery in California

+1
My colleagues have touched on the most important points, and I agree:

-- The ASPS website will direct you to Board Certified plastic surgeons.
-- Consider speaking to several surgeons and/or their offices before proceeding
-- Look for someone with experience
-- Find a place that will allow you to speak with patients who have had the procedure.

I would be happy to offer you a consultation, but more importantly, I am glad you are doing the research. I can't emphasize how important it is to make an informed decision, and I'm glad there is a forum for it. 

Barbara Persons

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgeon in California

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Carl Askren and Dr. James Knoetgen are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Eyelid surgeons in Northern California

+1

Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is a procedure that requires precise knowledge of upper eyelid anatomy, including how the lid fold is formed. You are correct to ask look for someone with experience. The San Francisco Bay Area has several such surgeons. If you contact a physician's office, make sure to ask to speak to a few former patients. Good luck to you.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgeon in California

+1

Tulips

I won't blow my own horn here. However, I will recommend that you carefully evaulate and consult with a number of surgeons in Los Angeles who specialize in eyelid surgery and offer Asian blephroplasty. This is an important decision so take you time and do your home work. Generally your best choice will be board certified ophthalmologist who is fellowship trained in oculoplastic surgery and is also a Fellow of the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS). ASOPRS maintains a web site with a geographic directory: ASOPRS.org.

Other specialities also offer eyelid surgery such as facial plastic surgeons and general plastic surgeons. Be certain that whoever you choose, you find someone who makes sense and explains what they are proposing.