Is 3 Months Post-Op Eyelid Surgery too Soon to See Final Results?

The scars on my upper eyelid go past my eye towards my nose and then go down. This looks really strange and gives me a "vertical eyelid" and I have no idea why my surgeon did this to both of my eyes. I think it may have been some sort of template approach but I'm not sure why someone would do this. . I'm three months out of surgery. Will this get better as time goes by? If not are there any options to correct this in the future - I'm not wanting anymore surgery.

I agree that 3 months is a pretty good time frame.

+2

If you are not liking what you see, it is improbable that more time at this point will make the difference.  Consider getting several second opinions regarding your options before having more surgery.

+2

No, three months post eyelid surgery is about the right time to see the final results.  Be sure the eyelid surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Is 3 Months Post-Op Eyelid Surgery too Soon to See Final Results

+1

In time the scars will fade. The direction and location of the incision is controlled in many cases by where the excess skin lies. There might have been a small fold of loose skin that the surgeon was removing to avoid having a small bump or fold of excess skin.  The scars will take a full year to get to their final result, and it is too early to predict if anything will need to be done to fix the problem.

Julio Garcia, MD

3 months is usually enough time to see results

+1

However, scars can continue to mature [subtle] for up to a year after surgery. Photos would be helpful to see what your concerns are.

A second opinion would be even better

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon