3 Months PO, Eyelids Asymmetrical, Will I Require Revision? (photo)

3 months post-surgery: My eyelids are asymmetrical & there are so many wrinkles on my lid; eyes are uneven & the scars are VERY noticeable (everyone mentions the scars to me!). Makeup makes it worse because it accentuates this excess skin on my lids (the skin forms multiple lines across the lids). Will I require a revision or will this skin suddenly "disappear" over time? Will the eye lids become more symmetrical despite the uneven cut line? Where can I find a specialist? I saw a general PS.

I don't really think you need to wait to have these revised.

+2

I can tell your surgeon was right handed.  What is going on is that you need the muscle, the orbicularis oculi, on the eyelid platform snugged up to the eyelid crease.  Also the left eyelid is droopy and the left eyelid crease is too high.  Generally all of these issues can be fixed at one revisional surgery.  Time will not fix these issues.  The approach I take starts with a detailed consultation to precisely measure what needs to be done.  Surgery is done in an office setting with minimal medication but you will be very comfortable.  What you need is a very precise anchor blepharoplasty with ptosis correction.  It is critical that the orbicularis muscle be appropriately tightened with the removal of a small amount of skin below the eyelid crease.  Think of it as pulling a bed sheet tight to remove the wrinkles.  When this is done, it will also support your upper eyelid lashes with are sagged because there is no tension in the eyelid platform. 

Revision blepharoplasty sometimes necessary.

+1

Hi.

I certainly see what you are talking about.  You may well need a touch up eventually, but I think your eyelids will get a lot better over the next few months.  Consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

3 Months PO, Eyelids Asymmetrical, Will I Require Revision?

+1

You mary possibly need a revision but NOT yet! Allow a 9 month healing. In fact I see the issues but in general terms I believe you have an acceptable result that will improve with more healing time. I wonder that you state these issues are pointed out to you by others, a fact I find hard to believe.