Eyelid Recovery - I still have what looks like puffiness at the bottom of the crease under my eyes 2 weeks after surgery.

Thank you all so much for your comments that have really eased by anxiety following laser bleph 2 weeks ago. I still have what looks like puffiness at the bottom of the crease under my eyes. I went for a walk the other day and came back, my face was pink but the other areas where the puffiness was, was white, with no colour? Does this mean there is more swelling and what is the best way to minimise it going forward?

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Eyelid recovery is different for everyone. Swelling will come and go, and you will have to find what makes the swelling worse and minimize that activity.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and swelling and recovery

+1

At 2 weeks post blepharoplasty, your eyelids are still healing and exercise as mild as taking a walk can result in increased swelling.  Check with your surgeon for their instructions on when to start physical activities as well as other conservative measures you may consider (topical cold packs, hydrocortizone cream, etc) to help the swelling and scarring  resolve.    

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

You should ask your eyelid surgeon for postop instructions

+1

IMHO, you should ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your eyelid surgery for specific dos and dont's during the post op period. We really are ethically bound not to provide specific medical instructions to patients during the acute post op stage.

I would be very careful about specific medical advice offered by someone who has not examined you.

+1

Regarding changes in facial color this early from surgery, it is likely that there is little significance to this other than you are still actively healing from your procedure.  There is no substitute for calling or being seen by your surgeon.  In my office, I encourage my patients to call me for questions like this and to be seen if the call does not answer the question.  This is much safer than getting potentially incorrect medical advice from well meaning doctors who have not examined you.

Swelling post blepharoplasty

+1

Any swelling (edema) will collect below the lower eyelid at the junction with the cheek. It will show has translucid  (or whitish) appearance of the skin. Exercise may make the edema worse at first. I would suggest to use icing after work-out/exercise but be careful not to freeze the skin. Also Benadryl may help. Swelling may take up to 4 weeks before resolving entirely. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD