What is Lower Eyelid Malposition and Can It Be Fixed?

I had a brow lift and upper and lower eye lift. I would like to know what is lower eyelid malposition, and can it be fixed by surgery? How can one be left with such a condition after surgery?

Lower eyelid malposition after eyelid surgery

+1

This condition occurs not uncommonly after lower eyelid surgery.  Presumably, you have either an ectropion, tendency toward ectropion, or lower eyelid retraction.  You do not say how long ago the surgery was because often this condition resolves on its own.  I too have lots of explanations about these conditions on my website.  I suggest that you see an oculofacial plastic surgeon for the best advice and treatment.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Lower eyelid malposition is a descriptive term that describes the eyelid not being in the correct position.  From your post, it is hard to tell which position it is in.  The most common post-Blepharoplasty malposition is eyelid retraction.  The basic answer to your question of whether it can be fixed is most probably yes.  You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon to diagnose the condition and offer you treatment options.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid malposition is a general term

+1

Lower eyelid malposition is a general term used to indicate that the eyelid is abnormal in its position. It could rolled outward [ectropion], or rolled inward [entropion], or pulled to far down [eyelid retraction], among other variations.

Please provide a more detailed description of your problem, and more importantly post infocus photos, preferrably done by a friend or family member rather than a self photo, so that we may be able to provide a more useful recommendation.

Best of luck

seattleface com

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

You are obviously struggling to find help for your situation.

+1

I encourage you to study my website which has many resources for understanding what it going on after your eyelid surgery.