Eyelid Lift Surgery at the Age of 18? (photo)

I'm saving up for eyelid lift. I have downturned eyes that are sort of droopy. I hate it because I get so insecure when people ask if I'm sad or tired all the time which I'm not. I want my eyes looking energetic. I have photos you can see and give me your opinions in all this please. Also I have to find a good trustworthy surgeon to so this.

Eyelid lift at age 18

+1

To repair the downturned eyes a canthopexy or canthoplasty would need to be performed.  There is also some ptosis present in the photograph which would need to be repaired at the same time.  This would all be best done by a board certified oculoplastic surgeon.

Eyelid surgery in an 18 year old.

+1

Your photos suggest that you have upper lid ptosis (low lid margin postion covering the top of the iris) and lower lid lateral scleral show (more white showing on the bottom outside of the eye). 

The upper lid ptosis can be repaired by ptosis surgery to lift the lid margin and the lower lid corrected with a canthoplasty to reposition the lower lid margin a bit higher.

Consult a plastic surgeon inyour area with experience in eyelid surgery or an oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in eyelid surgery.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your upper eyelids are droopy (ptosis).  Your lower eyelids seem to be droopy as well.  This could be the cause of you looking tired.  See an Oculoplastic surgeon to discuss the possible options you have to make you look less tired..

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have bilateral ptosis

+1

There two different issues. The main one is the bilateral ptosis that makes you look sleepy and tired. This can be fixed with lavator advancement. The other issue is the lower lid sagging and too much white part showing(sclera). The use of canthopasty will help but will not fix it completely. The cause of the sclera show is the lack of check support. You will need in person consultation for further evaluation. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery at age 18

+1

Personally, I have not operated in patients this young except for congenital eyelid problems, of which this may be a mild form.  However, in your case, your goals seem reasonable. I agree with Dr. Hughes that a canthoplasty give you the results you are seeking although you may also have bilateral ptosis which may also impart to others the notion that you are tired. I would suggest  you consult the directory of ASOPRS.org to find a qualified physician near you.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelids Corrected with Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

I would recommend either a lateral canthopexy or canthoplasty, which help to resuspend the lateral portion of your eyelid.  This would give you the greatest amount of improvement with the least amount of intervention.