Bumps After Lower Eyelid Laser Blepharoplasty

I am in the unfortunate position of being from the UK and due to return next week, therefore unable to have a follow up. I am after a second opinion of what the lumps underneath my left eye (after laser bleph) are. The incision was made under the eye with the laser and then the fat melted with the laser. The bumps feel like round fat deposits, should I massage and apply compresses? I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow but I am still worried.

Agree that you need time for this to settle.

+2

Bumps can occur after surgery.  Generally time is very helpful in letting these settle.  Bumps that do not go away can easily be addressed with minor office based work.  When you make your surgeon nervous about how you are healing they might feel pressed to do something early like inject you with steroids.  I would be very cautious about this.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com/microdroplet-botox-dysport/

Eyelid bumps after laser.

+2

I would wait several weeks since this may resolve. I would definitely not have steroid injections as this may make matters much worse!

Lumpy lids

+2

Dear Nicola,

After a lower lid blepharoplasty, the residual fat sometimes becomes firm and nodular for a period of time..even up to a few months before it resolves, which it usually does..sometimes an injection of steroid can speed the process along.  I assume your surgery was just in the last few weeks or so, so I would definitely give it some time..Massaging may help, but wait a couple of weeks after your surgery to begin so that you don't disrupt the wounds.

Good Luck

Jasmine Mohadjer MD
Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tampa Bay, FL

Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

+1

This question needs specific surgical information about the technique used, and what the laser was used for.  Usually the laser is used for dissecting tissue, not for melting deep fat.  You could have suture sites swollen if suture was used.  Obtain more information.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid recovery

+1

Remember that surgery produces tissue trauma and swelling, tension, small blood clots, etc. will show as irregularities.  The eyelids are usually a favorable place for healing.  Be patient, massage the bumps when your surgeon allows and watch for improvement.

Bumps after lower lid blepheroplasty

+1

First of all, do nothing until you see your surgeon. Irregular bumps can present early as fat or blood. I think this will resolve with tiime and in any case it is way too early to reach a decision

Web reference: http://drbray.com

Too early

+1

Swelling in the early postoperative period can represent hematoma (collection of blood) or just normal inflammation as part of the trauma of surgery. It sounds like you need to allow time for the healing to take place.

Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon