Eyelid Folds Slightly Saggy Would Thermage Help?

Hi, I am in my mid thirties and am noticing the upper eyelid makes a fold and the skin looks a bit saggy and makes my eyes look tired, would thermage help? I am afraid to do a blepharoplasty since I am probably too young for it.. Thanks Sora

Thermage

+1

I would recommend the Thermage procedure for you.  You should see a nice result.  Your down time is minimal. 

Thermage for upper lid and brow

+1

Hi Sora, 

Thanks for posting your photos. 

I use Thermage CPT in my practice and have seen some really good results in young healthy skin into which category you fit.

Thermage does not result in the same lift that surgery would achieve but I think in your case it would really freshen the upper third of your face and leave surgery as a second option if necessary. 

I often advocate thermage a year prior to surgery to "shrink wrap" the skin as much as possible so that there is a more conservative excision at surgery.

Other considerations would be Botox to the brow depressors and lateral orbicularis oculi, as well as excellent hydration, anti-oxidants and skin care.

Good luck and kind regards

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Folds Saggy Treated with Thermage

+1

Based on the photos and your stated age, you do appear to be an ideal candidate for treatment with Thermage to the eyelids.  Thermage CPT (Comfort Pulse Technology) is the 3rd generation of Thermage machine.  It provides more even treatment, more effective treatment all with less discomfort.  The eyelid Thermage procedure is a high level procedure that should be done by experienced practices only.  The upper lids tend to respond better than the lower lids, so again, I believe you would be a good candidate.  Make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers eyelid Thermage treatments and has the latest Thermage CPT machine to find out in person if you truly are a good candidate.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for eyelids

+1

From the photo, you look like a great candidate for Thermage of the eyelids. It does work quite well in patients your age and should give you a nice gradual result.  It is not as dramatic as having eyelid surgery but given that it takes an hour, it is a fantastic option.  A second treatment can be done about 4-6 months after the first to continue the improvement if you wish.  Hope this helps. 

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage for eyelid folds

+1

Your choices are Thermage skin tightening or surgery.  If you are not yet prepared for surgery, Thermage may be a good option for you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Droopy eyelids and Thermage

+1

You are the ideal patient for radiofrequency tightening (Thermage) to treat early eyelid laxity.  Thermage works best in younger skin, and you do not have too much sagging at this point.  Further you have little to loose as there is no down time with Thermage, and if you are not satisfied after 4 to 6 months you can still do surgery.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Thermage for upper lid folds?

+1

In your case, I do not think that Thermage would produce an acceptable result.  I tend to be very conservative when dealing with patients in their 30s, but sometimes, genetics produces early folding and I think you are one of those patients who would benefit from an upper lid blepharoplasty.  This can even be performed under local anesthesia in an office setting and the recovery time is rapid.

Robert L. Kraft, MD