Eyelid Dysfunction After Upper Blepharoplasty - Can't Close my Eye

4 months after having upper eyelid blepharoplasty (Muller's removed), where I was having retraction of 1-2mm above cornea, my eyelid doesn't function. I can't close my eye all the way. My blink is not full, but partial. When I squint, the lid is tethered to top of cornea and doesn't move down. So can't look at sun. I have 2nd surgery in 2 months. But desperately needed to know if eye can be fixed, or if this is due to removed Muller's. By fixed, I mean normal eyelid mobility regained.

Blepharoplasty - can't blink

It's impossible to say what happened without seeing and examining you in person.  However, if your surgeon recommended a second surgery to fix your complication and you don't understand why, I suggest you spend time talking with him/her to get all your questions answered.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Eyelid dysfunction

Hi.  The eyelid motility can be restricted from different causes. If it is due to paralysis, then more surgery won't hlep. If it is due to scarring/tethering, then surgery can help.  I recommend consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon