Eyelid Dysfunction After Upper Blepharoplasty - Can't Close my Eye

4 months after having upper eyelid blepharoplasty (Muller's removed), where I was having retraction of 1-2mm above cornea, my eyelid doesn't function. I can't close my eye all the way. My blink is not full, but partial. When I squint, the lid is tethered to top of cornea and doesn't move down. So can't look at sun. I have 2nd surgery in 2 months. But desperately needed to know if eye can be fixed, or if this is due to removed Muller's. By fixed, I mean normal eyelid mobility regained.

Blepharoplasty - can't blink

+1

It's impossible to say what happened without seeing and examining you in person.  However, if your surgeon recommended a second surgery to fix your complication and you don't understand why, I suggest you spend time talking with him/her to get all your questions answered.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Eyelid dysfunction

+1

Hi.  The eyelid motility can be restricted from different causes. If it is due to paralysis, then more surgery won't hlep. If it is due to scarring/tethering, then surgery can help.  I recommend consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon