Is It Possible to Lower an Eyelid Crease After Incisional Asian Doublelid Surgery?

I got my Asian double eyelid surgery about a month ago. I know incisional method takes a longer time to heal, but I can clearly see an obvious asymmetry. My left eye has higher incision line(3mm higher than my right one). Also, more fat/skin was taken which gives hollow & sunken look. How soon can I consider to do a revision surgery? What type of surgery would you recommend to fix this problem?

Give it a little time to heal

+1

six months is a normal waiting period for recovery. It will help to see some preoperative photos but it looks like something that will hopefully self correct. 

The other fold can be made to look fuller with a product such as Restylane

+1

Lowering an eyelid crease is difficult after double eyelid surgery.  Raising a crease is easier for symmetry because when you lower a crease there has already been an incision and a scar created.  Sometimes an expert injector can use filler in the upper lid and actually make the fold hang over the crease to make it look more symmetrical.  Other times, it is better to raise the crease on the other side for symmetry.  But, it really depends.  It’s not just an issue of the crease, one has to always look at the fold above the crease.  In this picture, it looks like there has been more volume removed from the left eye fold than the right.  If this is the case, the other fold can be made to look fuller with a product such as Restylane.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes, something can be done but let's wait for you to heal first!

+1

Wow.  This is an excellent question and could be a difficult problem to correct.  On the other hand, it might not require any correction at all!

But first and foremost, it is important to relax about this, as hard as that may be.  It is far too soon to know what the final results will be.  Your left upper lid appears more swollen and that distorts the findings.  I would certainly wait at least 6 months before considering any type of surgical revision, and it is definitely too early to even speculate what that might entail.  If your doctor is an eyelid specialist, listen to his counsel and do not push him to act sooner than is prudent.  Almost certainly things will improve with time.  Be patient!  If necessary, correction can be done to achieve a symmetrical result. 

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian eye

+1

From the picture posted I doubt that the upper lid crease can be lowered because you do not have much skin . If too much skin is removed you will end up with lagophthalmus.

+1

You will have to wait at least 9-12 months for swelling to subside before considering revision surgery. Sometimes it takes longer for full resolution of teh swelling.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon