What Is Causing My Eyelid Asymmetry? What Can Fix It?

I have eye lid asymmetry. I'm not sure if this is because I have extra skin or if its a muscular problem. Are there exercises I can do to correct this or will surgery be required?

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

According to the photos shown, there appears to be ptosis in one eye that will need to be repaired by an oculoplastic surgeon.  The repair will raise the upper lid on the droopy side.  This is not a cosmetic surgery, but functional in nature.

Exercise will not fix this.

+1

You have left upper eyelid ptosis.  There are several types of surgery that can address this issue.  An oculoplastic surgeon can help you with this.  In the Bay area, I would recommend either Stuart Seiff, M.D.  or Rona Silkiss, M.D.

+1

I agree with the others that you have ptosis.  You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon if you want to fix this.  Exercises will not help.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the upper eyelids

+1

it appears you have a mild form of left lid ptosis, the usual cause is a separation of the muscle from the tarsal cartilage plate. It can be repaired with as surgical procedure to reattach the muscle and cartilage to acheive better symmetry.

Julio Garcia, MD

Eyelid ptosis asymmetry

+1

It appears based on the frontal photo, that your left upper eyelid is slightly droopy as compared to the right eyelid. This is called eyelid ptosis and can be surgically corrected with subtle eyelid surgery. Exercises will be futile.

In your area, Drs Seiff and Moscato are excellent Oculoplastic surgeons that can properly evaluate you for surgery.

Best of Luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon