Am Having Eyelid and Neck Surgery. Would Doing the Batwings at Same Time Be Ok?

Hi, I'm 60, and always wanted my fatty eyelids that I'm older, and have lost a significant amount of weight, the neck needs work too. I was going to get those done together, but I am also considering having the batwings done. I'd prefer to get it all over with at once, and not have to 'go under' a 2nd time. But is that too much, or incompatible to do at the same time? Thanking you in advance! Sophie

Arm lift and other procedures

Doing it all at the same time is dependent on the time under anesthesia. Speak with your surgeon about safety, but it can e done a the same time.

27716 Cashford Cir
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Combined Procedures Possible

Combined procedurs such as those descrbed are safe as long as you do not have any signficant medical problems and your surgeon can perform these procdures efficiently.  Seek consultation from a surgeon with signficant experience in body contouring and facial surgery after weight loss. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

6499 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43213

In general, arm lift can be done together with eyelids and neck.

If you are in excellent health and your anatomy is not difficult, it is probably OK.  As has been mentioned, a board certified anesthesiologist and an accredited operating room and recovery  room are mandatory.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Can I have an Eyelift, Necklift, and Arm lift surgery all at the same time?

Thanks for your question!

Your absolute age is less important then your overall physical health. Make sure that your primary care doctor has determined that it is safe for you to have surgery under anesthesia.

After that, make sure that you select a board certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist that work in accredited facilities.

The cumulative length of all three procedures should not go over 6 hours.  Several studies have shown that the rate of complications increases with the length of surgery times. I would seriously consider breaking up your surgery into two separate procedures.  

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

10 Congress Street
Pasadena, CA 91105

FL and Eyelids. ??Arms too??

It is certainly possible for your surgeon to do these procedures at the same setting, but the question is is it safe. Part of this depends upon surgical times. Most surgeons in the US use 6 hours as a maximum unless the patient will be admitted to the hospital. Some, myself included, prefer four hours. Many systemic risks increase when surgery lasts longer than those threshold times. 

Check with your surgeon, and if appropriate with your primary physician. 

Whichever alternative you choose, here's to a safe and excellent outcome! Thanks for your question.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Combined Facial and Arm lifting Surgery?

It is often possible to have multiple procedures performed at the same time. The first priority for plastic surgeon and patient should be safety considerations of having a longer procedure performed.  In my practice, I would ask that you obtain “medical clearance” from your internist or family practitioner before embarking on any procedure.

Personally I would ask that you have the procedures performed in 2 stages.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Multiple surgeries

Hello.  It is always possible to do multiple surgeries at the same time if you are medically stable and are cleared by your medical doctor.   It is quite a lot of surgery however in terms of recovery.  Probably better to do second surgery few months later

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

383 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052