Can I Get Eyelash Growth with Latisse? All Mine Have Been Pulled Out From Fake Lashes.

I recently lost most of my eyelashes due to putting on semi permanent lashes at the salon! I'm now having to use over the counter lashes when I go anywhere:( Will Lattise help me grow NEW lashes or just make the ones I have grow thicker? I so scared I will never have my old lashes again:( Thank you!

Latisse for new lash growth

+2

It is definitely worth trying Latisse to help your lashes to grow back.  If the lashes were pulled out from the base of the follicle then it's possible that there is nothing for the Latisse to promote growth of but I think this is unlikely.  You should try Latisse and see if it helps.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.EYESandLIDS.com

Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelash

+2

Latisse is avery effective product that thickens the eyelashes as well as promoting growth. If you have destroyed the follicles, you may not get regrowth. I would definitely try it

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

How Latisse works to grow lashes

+2

Latisse will not grow new eyelash hairs but will help your new hairs that are regrowing to grow longer and thicker. There are approximately 100 to 150 eyelashes on each upper eyelid. The growth phase of an average eyelash hair is approximately 1 to 2 months. Latisse works by increasing the amount of time each eyelash hair remains in the growing phase. The application of Latisse has also been scientifically proven to increase the thickness of eyelash hair as well as the darkness of each hair. This is most likely due to an increased production of pigment within each hair follicle. Typically, within 4 months of application, Latisse can increase the length, thickness, and darkness of eyelashes and improve all the traits that are associated with greater prominence and overall attractiveness of the eyelashes.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse can help traumatic eye lash loss

+2
Latisse can help you regrow your lashes that were pulled out. I've seen it help many people with thin or missing lashes, even those who lost them all from chemotherapy!
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Will Lattise help me grow NEW lashes or just make the ones I have grow thicker?

+2

Hair follicles are EITHER in a growth phase or a rest phase. Latisse does NOT create new hair where follicles have been destroyed. It acts by greatly prolonging the growth phase allowing follicles to produce longer and thicker hair. In your case, it would not hurt to try using it for a few months and see what it can do.

Latisse and eyelash growth

+1

Latisse is a  product that lengthens, darkens and thickens eyelashes.  It  wouldn't hurt to try it.  I would suggest you obtain a full ophthalmic evaluation prior to using Latisse.    Latisse has even been used with patients who have eyelash loss following chemotherapy.  I hope this helps.

Las Vegas Ophthalmologist

Cracked Eyelashes Benefit From Latisse

+1

In my practice, patients with false eyelashes usually fracture their natural eyelashes rather than pull them out. The adhesive and the false eyelash break the natural eyelash where it is attached. I have had patients have good return of their lashes with Latisse to the point they don't need the false lashes anymore.

Web reference: http://facialplasticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse & Fake Eyelashes

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have had a couple of patients in your exact same situation.  The patients had very scarce, short natural eyelashes and they were applying semi-permanent lashes at the salon.  I encouraged them to use Latisse at the same time as they continued on with their semi-permanent lash applications.  After a couple of months (time will vary from patient to patient), the patient's natural eyelashes were of such a wonderful length that they no longer needed to apply the semi-permanent lashes.  The salon person was not so happy but my patients were!  Good luck and I hope that Latisse works as well for you as it has for my patients!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Don't count on it, but may be worth a try

+1

Latisse does not revive dead follicles.  However, it is worth trying, as there may be more remaining lashes which might benefit from Latisse than you think.  This is especially true if the trauma is fairly recent.

Chicago Ophthalmologist

Latisse Works for Eyelash Growth

+1

Latisse works to help grow eyelashes making them  longer, thicker and darker. The solution is applied at night  directly to the base of the eyelashes using the applicators, which are included with this prescription. Results are not permanent after discontinuing the use of this product.  I would suggest going on line for more information.

Web reference: http://www.latisse.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon