Are Eyelash Extensions Bad for You?

I had eyelash extensions done a few years ago? I found a few of my lashes falling out. I know that is expected, but if I keep doing extensions, will I lose my lashes altogether? Are they bad for my lashes altogether?

Eyelash extensions are not good for the lashes

+2

As you can imagine, eyelashes extensions can damage your natural lashes. Patients tend to get damage to the eyelash follicle and lashes themselves. During the process of binding the extensions to the eyelashes, the eyelashes themselves can be broken. Patients can develop inflammation of the eyelid from the glue of the extensions which can irritate the eyelid. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelash Extensions Can Cause Damage

+1
Like any weave or extension, eyelash extensions can put stress on the existing hairs, resulting in, with enough exposure, permanent loss of the hairs.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon