First Eyebrows Were Raised Now I Have No Eyelids?

It is exacly two weeks since I had my botox done. By the fourth day my brows were etremely raised up. On day seven I went back to the doctor to have him look at it. He touched it up. For whatever reason the procedure itself was very painful. I could hear and feel the needle going in. Not like the first time. I still have a headache and my side temples are killing me. Now my eyebrow and eyelids completly drooped. I have no eyelids what so ever. What coild be done at this point?

Botox can be used to lift or lower the eyebrows

+1

Botox when used in the glabellar region of the forehead between the eyebrows and at the outer tails of the eyebrows can help lift the forehead as these are the depressor muscles. If there is too much lift, then relaxing the forehead muscle above the lifted areas can help bring them down but it is doubtful that more botox in the depressors can help raise them if they were lowered too much. Allowing time to bring everything back to normal might be the best scenario although frustrating.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Botox treatment

+1

Thanks for your question.

From your description is sounds as if you may have had too much Botox placed centrally at your initial visit without enough over the lateral frontalis which resulted in your elevated brows laterally.  Your second treatment then resulted in the addition of too much or too low of placement of Botox which has resulted in brow ptosis.  I recommend that you return to your provider for a full assessment of your condition and your concerns.  The good news is that it will not be permanent and should resolve fully in 3-4 months.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping Eyelids After Botox

+1

Without seeing what the results are at this point in a picture, it is hard to make a proper assessment of your concerns. With what you have described it sounds like the best action would be to first make an appointment with the physician who performed the injection so you can address your concerns. Secondly it sounds like you may have had a little too much Botox injected. It would probably be in your best interest to allow this treatment to run its course and completely wear away before trying to have any more Botox injected. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perhaps you received too much botox

+1

Thank you for the question.  Eyebrows that are too low after botox to the forehead can be a result of either too much botox, too low (close to the eyebrow), or a combination of both.  The good news is that botox is temporary and it will wear off.

Remus Repta, MD

Droopy Eyelids After Botox

+1

I generally wait 2 weeks for neuromodulators to take full effect, before making any corrections or adding more, as the effects from the original injection may not have fully taken effect yet.  It sounds like too much may have been added to the forehead muscle to try to counteract the high eyebrow that had formed.  You should go back to your provider and see if any can be put at the tail of the brow to possibly elevate the brow and counteract the drop you have.  Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and eyelid droop

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person or at least viewing pictures of what you are describing. It sounds like you're dealing with a potential side effect of too much Botox injected either in your forehead or brow area. Follow up with your provider, but it could be that you'll have to wait out the treatment and allow it to wear off.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox

+1

Based on your description you are having a side effect from the Botox.

This side effect should disappear when the Botox wears off.

As it appears that this is not affecting your vision at this time suggest no further treatment as the Botox will wear off. 

Since you are having this side effect it is best to discuss it with your treating physician.  Your physician can decide whether you should have further evaluation to rule out any other possible causes for this.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and cocked eyebrows

+1

Aubreyrose,  I hope this will not discourage you from trying Botox again.  You didn't mention your age and I can't assess how much lateral brow mobility you have.  As we age, our lateral brow start getting very mobile and are at risk of showing adverse reactions if the forehead is under or over Botoxed.    Your initial 'Dr. Spock' look is when the frontalis muscle(the big forhead sheet of muscle) is treated in the middle but not laterally.  The remaining muscle not treated then becomes very active( we call it 'recruits') and you get the raised brow and pleated forehead above the brow.   It can happen, but it only takes a couple of units of Botox to be placed into that pleating to relax the muscle and remove the pleating.  If it is overdone, the entire forehead and lateral brow weaken and the entire forehead comes down as a unit and you lose the arch of the brow as well as feeling as if the entire forehead is hanging heavy. 

The pain you experienced on the second visit is one of two things:  either where a small cutaneous nerve was nicked  by the needle or the needle was inserted so deeply that it nicked the lining of the bone.  Both hurt.  Usually with the second event most people say they hear the 'crunch'   Rest assured, both will go away.  Ice the area to keep swelling down and don't be reluctant to take some Motrin or Aleve for a couple of days.  It sounds as if there isn't too much room left if being able to inject more to even things out, so I think you need to let the tincture of time do its magic.   Fortunately, the adverse reactions seem to recover faster than the desired Botox effects.  Hang in there!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox takes two weeks to fully work (Dysport one week). Try to wait before fixing any unevenness.

+1

Aubreyrose,

Sounds like you had too much Botox in the central part of your forehead compared to the outer edges and your doctor added some in the lateral forehead area to even out the brow line. The pain you felt could be the tenderness that can sometimes occur when a small nerve fiber is inadvertently poked with the needle. This is generally annoying but not dangerous. What we don't know is how much additional Botox your doctor put in, where exactly it was placed, and how much you had overall including the first injection. The Botox you first got had not yet fully kicked in, so it could be that the two treatments together gave you much more effect than you realized you were going to get with the additional. This will all eventually wear off, and usually does soften after the first 3 to 4 weeks. If you wait at least two weeks after the second treatment, and see your doctor, he may be able to add some BENEATH the brow line (crow's feet, glabella area) to allow the brows to float upward so there is less of a heavy, downward feeling. But this may not work totally by itself. It may be a case of having to wait until it's all fully worn off. Good luck to you.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Heaviness from Botox

+1

It sounds like you initially had the "spock effect" and the touch up to fix it resulted in the heaviness you are now feeling.  It should probably even out in a week or so as this is often temporary.  Let your doctor see you again so they can know how you responded for next time.

Ritu Saini, MD