Very Low Eyebrows in Male, Would I Be a Candidate for a Trans-Blepharoplasty?

I am a 23 year old male with a very low eyebrows. I inherited it from my father and I appear sad and mad all the time. I would like to ask about trans-Blepharoplasty procedure as I have a receding hairline. Is it suitable for men and what are the changes I will see ? Regards

Trans-blepharoplasty for male with low set brows

+2

A transblepharoplasty procedure is performed only for transecting the corrugator muscle of the forehead and will not give a brow lift.  Very low eyebrows need to be raised with a formal brow lift not a transblepharoplasty.

Male brow lift

+2

all of the answers are quite right.   transbrow lifts are fairly limited and do not have a high success rate for most doctors.   standard endoscopic lift leaves scars that may be visible after the hair recedes.  you need to consider the risks and benefits. none are perfect

Low eyebrows in 23 year old male

+2

It appears that you are asking about a transblepharoplasty browpexy procedure.  In this procedure, an attempt is made to stabilize the brow through an incision in the upper eyelid.  Despite what you might read about this, this procedure really does NOT raise the brows but rather stabilizes them in their current positions, preventing further brow descent. I am not so sure that it would be the right procedure for you.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best Way to Raise a Male Eyebrow

+2

In most cases, raising the brow from above is best. Since you have concerns about it, it may be reasonable to try an approach from below as long as you understand the limitations.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Low forehead brow position.

+2

A low brow position is best treated by lifting from above.  Yes, the hairline must be taken into consideration.  With emminent hair line recession, scar placement and surgical technique are critical to the discussion.  Hair transplants may be in your future?

H. Michael Roark, MD

Transblepharoplasty browlift.

+2

Transblepharoplasty browlift is done for males with a receding hairline who are not going to have hair replacement flaps or grafts. Otherwise I do them at the hairline with the hair growing thru the scar.

Male Browlift

+1

As opposed to the female brow, a man's brow is aesthetically acceptable at, or even slightly below, the orbital rim. The male brow may or may not be arched laterally, and most commonly it is relatively horizontal in orientation. In cases where the male brow has descended well below the orbital rim, and the upper lid tissues appear heavy and redundant, a browlift can be an effective means of rejuvenating the upper third of the face. A great deal of care must be exercised, however, to avoid overdoing and thereby feminizing a male brow.

Although men are much less often good candidates for browlifts than women, endoscopic or trans-blepharoplasty removal of the corrugator (or vertical frown line) muscles is as applicable to males as it is to females, to permanently soften or completely eliminate vertical frown lines between the eyebrows.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Low brows in a young male

+1

The brow lift that you mention is not very effective long-term.  Your best and safest bet is to try Botox

Sam Naficy, MD

Brow lifts for males with receding hairlines

+1

There is no perfect answer for this question.

Coronal and temporal brow lifts will have a visible scar - although, most bald men actually make a very inconspicuous scars.  

Forehead lifts at the hairline are ok, if you wear your hair in bangs - but may show as a white line if you style your hair back, or to the side.  They also often leave a portion of the scalp (behind the incision) numb.

Endoscopic lifts leave small incisions that may be visible once the hairline recedes.

Transblepharoplasty browpexy, with or without endotine, can work - but it doesn't really raise the brow position by very much.  There is a higher rate of the brow falling back down compared to the other methods.  Most surgeons think of this operation as simply stabilizing the brow and preventing it from falling further from the pulling effect of an upper blepharoplasty.

Hope that helps to understand the options.

Thomas Fiala, MD

A Transblepharoplasty Approach with an Endotine Device Works Well

+1

I perform many of these procedures on patients through an upper lid blepharoplasty incision.  An Endotine device is secured into the bone just above the eyebrow.  The periosteum over the entire forehead is raised through the same incision so that when the device dissolves in 4-6 months, the forehead sticks to the new position.  I also treat my patients with Botox before surgery to decrease movement in the forehead during the healing process.

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon