Is There Any Way to Make my Eyebrows More Arched?

I'm young, 20, but my eyebrows really bother me. They are pretty much straight across. They have no arch. My question is, is there any way to get the arch? Brow lift? Botox? Eyelid surgery? What will help me? I look so much better when I raise my forehead.

Toronto Brow Lift

+1

It sounds like a Botox brow lift may be a good option for you to consider. Be sure to see a board certified PS in your area with experience with this technique.

Arched Eyebrows and Botox

+1

There are a couple of different ways to achieve a brow that is more arched, the least invasive one being Botox. Botox, if done by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, can elevate the brow to a more youthful, aware look. Botox although relatively inexpensive, has to be administered at an average of four months to maintain the desired effect. If someone wanted a more permanent and/or dramatic change in the shape of their eyebrows a brow lift would be more appropriate. An endoscopic brow lift is minimally invasive with less visible scars than a direct brow lift; however a direct brow lift has more lasting effect. It would be important to see a patient to really assess what would be the best option.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/services-2/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrow shaping

+1

Hi there-

A tiny bit of Botox, artfully administered, can indeed produce a pleasing change in the shape of the brows...

Be sure you understand that there IS technique to Botox injections... The perception that anyone can inject Botox is pushed by the manufacturer, but simply isn't true, especially when trying to achieve subtle improvements like this.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Using Botox to arch the brows

+1

By injecting approximately 3-5 units of botox just below the outer edge of each eyebrow, you can create a "lift" of the lateral brow. This is because you are weakening the eye closing muscles below the brow. Those muscles pull the brow down to some extent. By weakening them with botox you allow the forehead muscles to work unopposed to raise the outer brows, thereby arching them.

This should be done carefully to avoid ptosis- or drooping of the eyelid.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow arching

+1

Have two basic simple options. One is use of Botox as many of my collegues have mentioned below. The other is to do a temporal brow lift. The advantage of the latter is the fact that you can customize the shape of the brow as desired.

Flat Eyebrows

+1

The "ideal" eyebrow starts just at or slightly above the orbital rim, arches to its highest point at the lateral side of the iris then extends laterally in a flat or very slight upward angle.

If this isn't natural for you an endoscopic brow lift could be your answer. The other ideas you mentioned won't work. While a small amount of Botox or Dysport under the lateral brow can elevate it slightly it won't elevate the peak of the brow.

An upper eyelid blepharoplasty or lift doesn't actually lift anything except the lid margin slightly. If the brows are held in place it can actually pull the brow down.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Make eyebrows more arched

+1

The eyebrows can be shaped and arched in a number of ways. One method that has been used since the beginning of time is aesthetic tweezing. BOTOX® is an
excellent modality for arching the eyebrows with the BOTOX® injected just
under the side of each brow.

A more prominent modality is a lateral direct browlift. The downside to this procedure is the scar line. However, if the procedure is performed well, the scar line is often hidden just at the upper brow hair margin. It may be further camouflaged with the use of an eyebrow pencil.

Eyelid surgery itself will not change the shape of the eyebrows. If your eyebrows are very low, a forehead – browlift procedure performed from within your scalp hair
(endoscopic or coronal approaches) may achieve the desired results.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Arching a brow

+1

At 20 years of age, you can probalby achieve what you want by going to an expert eyebrow shaper. They will often guide you  in to the proper grooming patterns to create the look that you want.

Changing Eyebrow Shape

+1

You mention a couple techniques to change eyebrow shape. If the brow is thick, trimming the eyebrow hair can be beneficial. Botox injection will subtly , temporarily alter shape. The most aggressive, permanent technique is invasive surgery to change brow position and contour.

Non-surgical eyebrow lift

+1

Part of the classic female face are eyebrows whose outer third arch upward and swing outward. To complete the ideal picture, there is also a slight, rounded projection of the fleshy areas directly beneath this region which both support the flare of the eyebroww above and lift the skin above the upper eyelids to give them youthful exposure.

With time (some people obviously much earlier than others), loss of volume (fatty tissue) in this region and the sinking of the areas directly above the upper lid and below the outer third of the eyebrow, leads to an unwanted downward turning of the outer eyebrows and in extreme case to a billowing of the redundant skin onto the upper lids.

A tiny droplet of Botox or Dysport placed directly under the outer one third of the eyebrows can relax the downward pull of the muscles in the region with the result that the eyebrows are freed to once again flare upward and outward. When this treatment alone proves not enough, a small amount of a filler substance, such as Restylane or Juvederm, instilled in an oval fashion within the fleshy skin immediately below the brows, can serve to both restore the youthful outward projection of this area and support the upward flare of the outer third of the eyebrow.

Frequently combined as one procedure, the entire treatment may take about five minutes per brow. The results are usually quite gratifying and most people can return to work or social activities immediately following treatment.

Web reference: http://www.cosmedispa.co.il

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.