Getting Rid of Eyebrow Tattoo for Brow Lift?

A respected Plastic Surgeon recommended brow lift as an improvement before my son's wedding this June. But then, he realized that I had permanent eyebrows tattooed on and that raising the skin would place the tattoos too high. He felt the eyebrows would look better lower, should I have the tucks done. Also, my eyelids are droopy in spite of the Blepharoplasty I had. I want the brow lift done. Is it possible to lower the eyebrow tattoos?

Your eyebrows are in good position.

+2

There are a couple of components to your question, and I want to address all of them.
First of all, your eyebrows seem to be in pretty good position. I think if you elevate them higher, it might make your face look slightly abnormal, like you are constantly surprised. The "surprised" look was overdone a bit in the nineties and is no longer in. You eyebrow tattoo is overlying the actual brow hair, so it will not be possible to move both of them, and really not necessary.

You do seem to have some skin laxity on your upper lid and you might benefit from additional judicial skin removal. You also seem to have slight droopiness to the lid itself, which we call ptosis, and which might make you look tired and sad. It is worse on your left side, you can notice it on your picture. You might have heard a concept of a "lower eye", everybody has one, and sometimes this issue becomes more prominent.

Another component that contributes to this sad and tired look, is the position of your lower lids: they are pulled down and rounded. Depending on whether or not you had the surgery on your lower lids before, and I suspect you did, this issue might be improved as well, but I would caution you from overdoing surgery on your lower lids.

Overall, you eyebrows seem to be in good position and good shape, and I would not suggest you do anything about them. I would recommend an experienced oculoplastic surgeon consultation to address the issue of your ptosis, and possibly lower lid droopiness.

Eyebrow tattoo and brow lift

+1

The problem with permanent makeup, is that they plae the eyebrow marks where it looks the best on the face. However the descent of soft tissue especailly laterally is not compensated for. Tough call without seeing you.

Eyebrow Tattoo

+1

On the basis of your photograph I would recommend minimal brow elevation medially. The tattoo would not have to be modified. An upper eyelid blepharoplasty revision would be beneficial.

Removing eyebrow tattoos

+1

Judging from your photos, I would leave the tattoos alone and contmeplate the use of a upper lid skin only blepahroplasty. The arch of the brow appears acceptable.

If you are set on removing the tattoos there are many different lasers which can be utilizied but this may require multiple sessions over a year with some trial and error to dtermine the best laser for your pigment. It is not without risk.