Eyebrow Shaping After Botox?

How long should you wait to get eyebrows shaped (with tweezers) after Botox? Thank you!

I'd wait 4 weeks to be safe

+2

Although the botox should be in full effect with 1-2 weeks, I have seen a few cases where the brow initially raises slightly more than desired and then adjusts down. So the effect you see at 2 weeks isn't exactly where it will stay 100% of the time.

Best to wait at least 2 weeks to shape eyebrows after Botox

+1

The effect of Botox is fully realized at 2 weeks. If by then, you are happy with the effects of your Botox treatment, then I would go ahead and get your eyebrows shaped.

If you need additional Botox at the 2 week mark, then you will need to wait an additional 2 weeks to realize the desired effects from your touch-up treatment before you shape your brows.

Good Luck HeatherinCalifornia

Anifat Balogun, MD

2 weeks

+1

The best way to shape the brows with tweezing is to wait until the brow-shaping effect of Botox has been realized. This takes about 2 weeks. If you do not get enough lift, filler can be added under the brow to lift further.

Good luck.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Eyebrow shaping after Botox

+1

Good question.  I would wait 2 weeks after your Botox injections since Botox tends to peak in effect by that time.  2 weeks is also when you would consider a Botox touch-up.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Wait 2 weeks

+1

Heather

Botox should have had its full effect by 7 to 10 days. So waiting 2 weeks would be prudent so you know exactly where your brows will be positioned.  Best of luck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

~ 10 to 2 weeks

+1

Botox takes about 4 to 7 days to work.  I would give it a little longer to set in so that you don't have changes after you pluck.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD