Juvederm for Lifting Eyebrows?

Can the area under the eyebrow close to nose be filled in using Juvederm? As I get older my eyes are starting to take on a "mean" look and my eyebrows are getting "lower." I'm only 25, so my problem is minor and I was hoping this can be addressed by fillers (I'm also getting the tear troughs filled in a little to "freshen up" my eyes). I'm still 100% wrinkle-free and my skin is in good condition otherwise. Below is a picture showing the areas which seems to have depressed over time.

Juvederm is not a good eyebrow lifter

+3

Miss 24,

Juvederm, like other hyaluronic acid fillers, is used to fill in hollows or depressions like the tear-troughs or nasolabial folds. It can also be used to fill in hollowing of the upper eyelid. However, if you place Juvederm to gain an eyebrow lift without any volume loss in that area already...then you likely will end up with a lump under the eyebrow and no significant lifting effect. A browlift, which I would NOT recommend for you based on this picture, is the only reliable method to elevate the brow and that does not work as well for the eyebrow near the nose (medial) than it does for the eyebrow near the corner of the eye (lateral).

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox may help medial brow position

+2

Based on your photo, your brows have a pleasing shape and position, so I don't think a surgical browlift is appropriate. Likewise, Juvederm would not provide any useful benefit.

If you don't like the position of your medial brows, even if you dont have any wrinkles, Botox may be helpful. By blocking the tone that is always in the corrugator muscles in that area, Botox can lift and separate the medial eyebrows to produce the pleasing effect you may be seeking.

Good luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin) Can Work Well For Medial Brow Lifts

+1
The use of volumizing fillers, such as Juvederm UltraPlus XC can be quite useful when aging results in the loss of the supporting fat to the eyebrows in order to add fullness to the area and re-support and reposition upward the overlying brow. For such individuals The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Browlift or the injection of volumizer immediately below and immediately above the outer third of the eyebrow can be quite helpful. However, from your age and from the photo provided, this does not appear to be the case here.

In my practice I have had quite a few patients in my twenty three year experience with Botox and later with other neuromodulators who have complained of a downward positioning of the  medial (inner side toward the nasal bridge) portion of the brow and who have responded quite well to a small amount of neuromodulator injected into the medial side of the brow to slighten weaken the muscles responsible for the downward pull and to give a competitive advantage to the upwardly pulling forehead muscle--leading to the desired lift. Consultation with a board certified core aesthetic physician with extensive experience with injecting neuromodulators is crucial.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD