Eyebrow Lift with Botox

I heard you can have an eyebrow lift using botox. However, I have a medium sized scar on 1 of them. Curious which side of the eyebrow they inject. Scar is on the right eyebrow hairline. Are injections towards the middle of the brow for the lift or on the sides above the brow? Don't want to waste time if it can't be done considering my very busy work schedule

Botox Brow Lift

+2

The answer to your question is yes, Botox and Dysport can be used to give a "chemical bow lift".   The scar may or may not play a factor in the equation, but it would be necessary to examine you and evaluate it to see it would alter the outcome.  I would recommend you seek out an experienced injector and likely you will be pleased with your results.

Annapolis Dermatologist

Botox can lift

+2

the eyebrow some milimeters. It is important that you find an experienced injector, because this area is tricky.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow lift with Botox requires expertise

+2

Since Botox works by relaxing muscles, it is important to understand how the muscles of facial expression determine the brow position and shape. There are muscles that raise the brow (these are the ones that cause wrinkles in the forehead) and muscles that pull down (these are the ones that cause crow's feet.) The balance between these is one of the things that determines brow position. So by relaxing the ones that pull down, the ones that lift are unopposed and the brow may come up a bit. It if isn't done right or on the right patient though you may end up with the "Spock's brow" shape so it requires expert judgment and technique.

Richard Baxter, MD

Eyebrow scar should not interfere with Botox browlift

+1

Angela,

The scar is unlikely to hinder the placement of a Botox injection or the effect. I think you may do just fine with your Botox browlift. I have many patients very happy with the results of this simple procedure. Go see a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who have real training in facial surgical anatomy, so that your injections are placed in the best possible locations for your anatomy and given your concern about the scar.

Good luck!

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Can Botox be used for an eyebrow lift?

+1

Botox can effectively be used for a minimal eyebrow lift if all you are looking for is approximately 1 millimeter of lift. For more than that, surgery would be a solution. From where you describe your scar is, I don't see it interfering with the injection site. The results from Botox would last approximately 4 months before you would need another treatment.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+1

typically, the injections are well above the hair bearing portion of the brow , which in effect, relaxes the muscles that cause a downward pull, thus allowing the brow elevating frontalis muscle of the forehead to "win the tug of war," hence causing a slight lifting effect.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Eyebrow lift with Botox

+1

Botox can be injected into the frown lines between your eyebrows, and at the outer portion of the eyebrows in order to shape and lift them.  The results last about 4 months.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

Botox for a Browlift?

+1

Hi Angela.  Because the Botox injections done for a browlift are above the hairline, you need not worry about interference with the scar.  This is a perfectly viable option for you even with the scar.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox for brow lift

+1

An experienced physician injector will be able to create a nice feminine arch to your eyebrow by injecting the glabella and lateral brow.  Results typically last 4 months.

Paul M. Friedman, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox brow lift with a pre-existing scar on the brow

+1

Botox injections are typically given at least one centimeter above the browbone and hair of the eyebrow.  When the goal is to create a brow lift injections are not given into the rest of the forehead.  This allows the brows to rise, usually about 1 millimeter which is enough to make the eyes appear more open.  The location of your scar sounds like it is below the treatment area.  However, what is also important is the deeper scarring that isn't visible.  It is important to consider how deep and how wide the injury was.  If the injury extended to the muscles that would be treated with Botox, you may not see results or could get an unexpected result.  If your movement and muscle function is currently normal that is less likely.  An experienced physician should be able to assess this and explain to you what you can expect.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon