Could Eyebrow Laser Tattoo Removal Have a Risk on the Eyes Even if They Protect Them?

I already had 2 treatments of laser tatto eyebrow removed but i am really afraid if laser could affect my eyes even if they protect them?

Eyebrow Tattoo Removal

+1
Use of the appropriate eye shields as provided by the laser manufacturer will allow for a safe removal of an eyebrow tattoo.  Make sure you are being treated by an experienced provider who ensures use of the appropriate eye shields and I am sure that you will have a safe and effective treatment for the removal of your eyebrow tattoos.
Best Regards,
Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Tattoo Removal and Eye Protection

+1

Your eyes are very safe as long as your eyes are closed and shields are properly used. Did you know that the doctor who is treating you has his/her eyes open? You would hope so! But no harm to the doctor's eyes because the doctor wears special glasses that allow him/her to look at the laser beam as it works ; the eye wear prevents the wavelength of the laser from penetrating into the doc's eyes. So if the doctor's vision is safe with his eyes open even with special glasses, you are really safe if your eyes are closed and laser shields are in place correctly.

Russell W. H. Kridel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steel eye shields protect the eyes 100% from the laser.

+1

Steel eye shields protect the eyes 100% from the laser.  I have used this type of eye shield for over 20 years because it is 100% protective of all laser light.  With this type of protection, you can have your eyebrow tattoos removed safely.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Eye Protection for Laser Treatment

+1

Hi Chely.  If the correct eye protection is used, you should be safe.  We use metal eye goggles to protect patient's eyes during treatment.  Is your practitioner offering these?  If not, then you should ask them what they are using to protect your eyes.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD