Eyebrow Implants Growing in Wrong Direction, How Can I Fix This?

I had FUE eyebrow implants 12weeks ago to add another 50% to the hairs that were already there.Approx 40% of the hairs that have grown through are now growing away from my face instead of in the direction of my eyebrows.I have thick hair so not only that but they have to be trimmed to a few mm's in length every few days as they grow so fast & stand out even more.My Dr says not to worry and just to wait up to a year but I dont see how this will change, 90% of the implanted hairs are through now.

Eyebrow Transplant growing in wrong direction

+1

Once the hairs are growing in the wrong direction there is very little that can correct this.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with eyebrow transplants.  The reason this occurs is even with meticulous placement of hair, the hairshaft can grow at unpredictable angles.

Eyebrow Transplant Results and Revision

+1

I'm sorry to hear this.  Eyebrow transplant procedures are VERY challenging to perform, and I have performed a number of revisions of procedures that did not come out as desired.  Likely you will need to have the worst of these grafts removed, then replanted in a more desirable direction.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant Results

+1

Three months is too early to tell how your final results will look. Your doctor is right that you need to wait longer. You should see some improvement between 6 and 10 months. If there is still no improvement at one year, revisit your doctor and also consult different doctors for more opinions to find a solution.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair implant to eyebrows

+1

I am sure you realize that all transplanted hair follicles will fall out by 3 months and that by 9 months the transplanted root will then grow the permanent hair follicle.  The direction of growth of the new hair is probably not what you are seeing yet.  Each patient is different however these are the general growth patterns of transplanted hair.  If you see that the growth direction is not what you wanted, I would bring that up to your physician and review your options and the timeline.  I do not recommend a revision before 1 year. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Direction of eyebrow transplant hairs

+1

If your surgeon does not offer a satisfactory explanation , get another opinion. Perhaps wait at least 4 more weeks. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon