Eyebrow Droop?

I had botox 4 days ago to the 11s and forehead . I think my eyes look heavy with eyelids sagging a little. I have very little movement in the top of my forehead but I can still move my eyebrows up and down. Does this sound like eyebrow droop and if so will it get worse? Will the botox continue to freeze my face more and make it worse? Is there anything I can do and how long will it last? It was my first go. Will moving the eyebrows up and down a lot help it? Help.

Eyebrow Ptosis or Eyelid Ptosis?

+1

I read all of your posts and you appear to have eyebrow ptosis.  I am not sure if you also had eyelid ptosis as well from reading the other posts.  The eyebrow ptosis can be corrected somewhat with additional Botox into the orbicularis oculi muscle.  If you have lid ptosis, there are some medications to help until the Botox wears off.

Botox and eyebrows

+1

Botox can occasionally cause an eyebrow droop. Best to wait a full 2 weeks to let the Botox work, but if you are having persistent lowered brow, see your physician who can sometimes correct it for you quite easily. Worst case scenario, it can last 2-4 months; let your physician know that this happened the next time you get a treatment as there are ways to avoid this in the future.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and heavy eyelids

+1

It takes about ten days to see the full result of your Botox treatment.  If you are not pleased with the results, you should return to your doctor for re-assessment.  He may be able to adjust your treatment or you may need to wait a few months until the undesired Botox effect wears off.  In any event, you should return to your physician so he can see the result and perhaps modify your treatment next time. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

4 days after Botox

+1

At four days, the Botox may or may not be working. Sounds like from your description that it is starting. It usually takes a week and lasts for about 4 months. Hard to say if you will get brow ptosis without an exam at two weeks.

Botox and eyelid or brow droop

+1

Without knowing number of units injected and specific location, or viewing photo's of what you are referring to, it is very difficult to answer this question. You should consider at least posting photo's for better assessment of your current situation.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and forehead movement

+1

Not knowing your age or having a picture I will need to make some assumptions.  It sounds as if you had adequate amount of Botox to relax the glabellar/midbrow muscles which create the '11s' and enough in the central foerhead to smooth it.  The more lateral forehead muscle appears to be active still and often becomes overly active to accomodate for loss of motion of the central forehead.  We call this recruitment.  Lateral forehead can also be treated but you need to make sure the lateral brow will not come down and give you a 'hooded' appearance.  Sometimes it is better to live with some lateral upward motion instead. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon