Possible to Get Rid of Eye Bags Without Surgery?

I have under eye bags, I have been told on several occasions that the reason is that I don't drink plenty of water which is true. What are non-operable options I have to get rid of under eye bags?

Non surgical options for eye bags

+1

Unfortunately there are no good non-surgical options to treat lower eyelid bags.  Fillers can be used to mask the appearance but this is not a permanent solution.  You really would benefit from lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  I think you would be happy with the results and once the fat is removed, it would not return.  Also, water has nothing to do with the bags under your eyes but it is good to stay hydrated! Good luck!

Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers may be used to minimize the appearance of lower eyelid bags.

+1

I reviewed your photo, and it seems like you have a lower eyelid groove between your eyelid bag and your cheek. You could have this groove filled on both sides which would decrease the appearance of the bag. I almost never recommend removal of lower eyelid fat, and prefer a non-surgical approach for rejuvenation of the lower eyelid.

You should consult a board-certified specialist experienced with using Injectable Fillers in your delicate, unforgiving lower eyelid skin.

My personal preference for lower eyelid rejuvenation is Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of eyelid bags

+1

This has nothing to do with water. As we age the membrane that holds back the fat the makes up the bag thins and weakens. At some point it can no longer hold this fat in position so the fat protrudes forward creating the bag and making the eyelid cheek separating crease more visible. When the protrusion is slight the crease under the fat can be injected with a filler to camouflage the crease. If the bag is more pronounced the injection can't do its camouflage job and your only option then is surgery. I have seen cases where the doctor obliterated this fat using a radiofrequency that melted the fat without a surgical incision. Unfortunately it is very diffiult to control exactly where and how much of the fat is removed. The patients I saw had uneven left vs. righ results and in one case way too much fat was removed leaving the patient with a sunken look.

Aaron Stone, MD

Under Eye Bags (festoons) have NOTHING to do with Drinking Water...

+1

Pronounced under eye bags sometimes called festoons have NOTHING to do with drinking water or failure to do so. The treatment of this deformity is surgery. If you are unwilling to have lower lid surgery there is no real effective correction that you can use.