Eyebags Caused by Skin- Is a Laser Preferred Over Surgery?

10 years ago, when I was 26, I had a lower blepharoplasty to remove fat. No skin was removed. Since then I've always had a line dividing the eyelid from the cheek. With years, this line has become more prominent creating shadow. Last week I visited one of the reknowned plastic surgeons here to have these bags removed. He told me that my bags were due to skin and not fat. He recommended fractional laser tightening telling me not to do any skin removal because my lids were thick. can laser help?

Treatment of the tear trough

+2

Without photos or a face to face physical examination it is impossible to answer your post specifically. In general what you describe is removal of eyelid fat when you were young resulting in thinning of the tissue over the bone rim under the eye so the tear trough and palpebromalar groove are more visible. That is the dividing line between the eyelid and cheek. You then describe eyelid bags which is usually fat but then your fat was already removed. You say the surgeon recommended fractional laser but that will not do anything to fat if fat is the problem and also will have no effect on a visible tear trough. I think you can now see the quandary in answering your post.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.